Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > which Printer ?? Advice needed

which Printer ?? Advice needed

Gea

Hello,
I decided to give up my dream of an A3 which wouldn't break
and instead get a really good photo quality A4,

I went to all the usual shops today and was amazed at how many printers
have been made since a year ago,

and also wondered if it might be worth getting an all
in one,
I need a good warranty and satples seem to have one for accidental damage
which suites me, but I would like some personal recommendations

thanks for the help

Gea Jones

Bill Crocker

"Gea" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
> I decided to give up my dream of an A3 which wouldn't break
> and instead get a really good photo quality A4,
>
> I went to all the usual shops today and was amazed at how many printers
> have been made since a year ago,
>
> and also wondered if it might be worth getting an all
> in one,
> I need a good warranty and satples seem to have one for accidental damage
> which suites me, but I would like some personal recommendations
>
> thanks for the help
>
> Gea Jones

Consider Canon's PIXMA iP6600D. It's inexpensive, easy to maintain, and
works great!

Bill Crocker

Paul Heslop

Gea wrote:

> Hello,
> I decided to give up my dream of an A3 which wouldn't break
> and instead get a really good photo quality A4,
>
> I went to all the usual shops today and was amazed at how many printers
> have been made since a year ago,
>
> and also wondered if it might be worth getting an all
> in one,
> I need a good warranty and satples seem to have one for accidental damage
> which suites me, but I would like some personal recommendations
>
> thanks for the help
>
> Gea Jones

Gea, as you only have one answer so far consider posting this in
comp.periphs.printers
too.

--
Paul (why dont you call me i feel like flying in two)
Stop and Look

Marvin

Gea wrote:
> Hello,
> I decided to give up my dream of an A3 which wouldn't break
> and instead get a really good photo quality A4,
>
> I went to all the usual shops today and was amazed at how many printers
> have been made since a year ago,
>
> and also wondered if it might be worth getting an all
> in one,
> I need a good warranty and satples seem to have one for accidental damage
> which suites me, but I would like some personal recommendations
>
> thanks for the help
>
> Gea Jones

I prefer not ot get an all-in-one. It does save space, but
then there are the negatives. More capabilites mean more
mechanical things ot go wrong. Buying seperate units allows
you to select each individually according to your needs.

My inexpensive HP printer came with fax capability, which
desn't work all that well. It also scans, with a sheet
feeder. I use that at times, but it can't replace my flat
bed scanner. If I had a sheet feeder on my flat bed, I
would use the printer to scan at all - the flat bed does a
better job.

Gea

"Marvin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Gea wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I decided to give up my dream of an A3 which wouldn't break
>> and instead get a really good photo quality A4,
>>
>> I went to all the usual shops today and was amazed at how many printers
>> have been made since a year ago,
>>
>> and also wondered if it might be worth getting an all
>> in one,
>> I need a good warranty and satples seem to have one for accidental damage
>> which suites me, but I would like some personal recommendations
>>
>> thanks for the help
>>
>> Gea Jones

> I prefer not ot get an all-in-one. It does save space, but then there are
> the negatives. More capabilites mean more mechanical things ot go wrong.
> Buying seperate units allows you to select each individually according to
> your needs.
>
> My inexpensive HP printer came with fax capability, which desn't work all
> that well. It also scans, with a sheet feeder. I use that at times, but
> it can't replace my flat bed scanner. If I had a sheet feeder on my flat
> bed, I would use the printer to scan at all - the flat bed does a better
> job.

You read my mind,,, I was just thinking about an all in one.. for obvious
reasons but what you have said has made me decide against it, I always hate
that thing when one part of a computer /software goes wrong and you have to
isolate it etc.
looking through everything I could, I decided that there are so many
printers for sale the worlds gone mad !!!
Just in Epson alone, the only one which intrigued me was a canon which uses
23 million ink dots as opposed to 5. something and 8. something ,
I have sort of resigned myself to using 6 separate colours
the main thing is the warranty I think...and of course the quality/price ,
but it is very hard to tell about quality as though there are an awful lot
of printers there are not many examples of the actual prints...

thanks a lot for the answers , really appreciated

Gea

Stewy

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Gea" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hello,
> I decided to give up my dream of an A3 which wouldn't break
> and instead get a really good photo quality A4,
>
> I went to all the usual shops today and was amazed at how many printers
> have been made since a year ago,
>
> and also wondered if it might be worth getting an all
> in one,
> I need a good warranty and satples seem to have one for accidental damage
> which suites me, but I would like some personal recommendations

If you do enjoy printing your own photos don't give up on an A3. You'd
be surprised the difference a 50% increase in size does to a hung photo.

I've had a Canon i6100 (well, in Japan that's what it's called) and have
been very impressed by it. I'd buy it's replacement if I could justify
spending another 200, but I've just taken out a new mortgage and have
to temper the big purchases for a while.