Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Photo quality printer recommendation ?

Photo quality printer recommendation ?

Stewy

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
THO <(E-Mail Removed).23.invalid> wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> chrisu <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a 'so called' photo quality lexmark printer but it really isn't
> > good enough for the photos I want to produce and it eats very expensive
> > ink cartridges.
> >
> > does anyone have any recommendations on suitable alternatives. Cameras
> > are all canon if that makes any difference (I would hope not).
> >
> > Priorities
> > 1 Quality
> > 2 reliable
> > 3 low running costs
> >
> > --

> What's your budget? What is your experience level with photography and
> what size prints do you want to make?

Canon seems to work a lot better than Epson's (I've used both) My Epson
did encounter a lot of clogging that made the carts run out faster. Also
Epson carts are chipped so when the printer decides one needs replacing,
you've gotta do it and there's no easy way to refill them. Canon carts
seem a heck of a lot bigger for a lower price, no chipping on the Canon
and the print head is removable.

My Japanese Epson (I live in Japan) has identical carts to my brother's
Epson in the UK. My carts cost around 1000 yen each ($9) my brother's
carts cost around $25, but my carts won't work in his printer.

Archival inks are a scam. By the time you've proved these inks last
longer, there'll be A2 sized photo quality laser printers for the price
of today's A4 2400dpi printers.

Get yourself one of the better Canons.

Bill Bacon

Stewy:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> THO <(E-Mail Removed).23.invalid> wrote:
>
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> chrisu <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have a 'so called' photo quality lexmark printer but it really

isn't
>> > good enough for the photos I want to produce and it eats very

expensive
>> > ink cartridges.
>> >
>> > does anyone have any recommendations on suitable alternatives.

Cameras
>> > are all canon if that makes any difference (I would hope not).
>> >
>> > Priorities
>> > 1 Quality
>> > 2 reliable
>> > 3 low running costs
>> >
>> > --

>> What's your budget? What is your experience level with photography

and
>> what size prints do you want to make?

> Canon seems to work a lot better than Epson's (I've used both) My

Epson
> did encounter a lot of clogging that made the carts run out faster.

Also
> Epson carts are chipped so when the printer decides one needs

replacing,
> you've gotta do it and there's no easy way to refill them. Canon carts

> seem a heck of a lot bigger for a lower price, no chipping on the

Canon
> and the print head is removable.
>
> My Japanese Epson (I live in Japan) has identical carts to my

brother's
> Epson in the UK. My carts cost around 1000 yen each ($9) my brother's

> carts cost around $25, but my carts won't work in his printer.
>
> Archival inks are a scam. By the time you've proved these inks last
> longer, there'll be A2 sized photo quality laser printers for the

price
> of today's A4 2400dpi printers.
>
> Get yourself one of the better Canons.

I use an Epson R220 and a R260 with a CIS Bulk Ink System and they work
great!