Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > photography in other countries

photography in other countries

gerald

i am a US citizen. is it illegal for me to take photos of wildlife or
scenery(to sell later) in canada while there on a visitors visa?

Matt Ion

gerald wrote:
> i am a US citizen. is it illegal for me to take photos of wildlife or
> scenery(to sell later) in canada while there on a visitors visa?

Nope. No restrictions, no taxes, no duties. Snap away.

Joseph Meehan

Matt Ion wrote:
> gerald wrote:
>> i am a US citizen. is it illegal for me to take photos of wildlife or
>> scenery(to sell later) in canada while there on a visitors visa?

> Nope. No restrictions, no taxes, no duties. Snap away.

And at this time I don't believe you need a visa yet.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Matt Ion

Joseph Meehan wrote:
> Matt Ion wrote:
>
>>gerald wrote:
>>
>>>i am a US citizen. is it illegal for me to take photos of wildlife or
>>>scenery(to sell later) in canada while there on a visitors visa?

>>Nope. No restrictions, no taxes, no duties. Snap away.

> And at this time I don't believe you need a visa yet.

You do if you're going to work here or plan to stay for an extended period.

Matt Ion

Joseph Meehan wrote:
> Matt Ion wrote:
>
>>gerald wrote:
>>
>>>i am a US citizen. is it illegal for me to take photos of wildlife or
>>>scenery(to sell later) in canada while there on a visitors visa?

>>Nope. No restrictions, no taxes, no duties. Snap away.

> And at this time I don't believe you need a visa yet.

Actually, if you're going to work for and get paid by someone else in Canada
taking and selling pictures, you MAY need a work visa, but if you're just
selling the pictures yourself, then no, I don't think you will.

For a definitive answer, you should contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
Check out http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/ for contact info.

gerald

Matt Ion wrote:
> Check out http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/ for contact info.

i would be selling the photos myself after i left canada. my primary
reason for the visit would be to see someone

Joan

Last I heard, there was someone in Canada.

--
Joan

"gerald" <clay@****.org> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
: Matt Ion wrote:
: ...
: > Check out http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/ for contact info.
:
: i would be selling the photos myself after i left canada. my primary
: reason for the visit would be to see someone
:

JavaScript Dates in Other Countries Laser Lips Javascript 43 02-22-2010 08:26 PM
can send emaails to other countries, ie greece but caan not receicefrom greece KOS Computer Support 8 05-21-2009 06:44 AM
Can you use your VOIP account in other countries besides UK? Frank UK VOIP 1 01-13-2007 05:41 PM
List of countries Wally ASP .Net 4 08-15-2004 05:50 AM
where can I get some combs make in the States and other countries wuchieh Computer Support 3 03-06-2004 05:05 PM

Advertisments