Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > D200 Firmware Update

D200 Firmware Update

papewe

Is the update to Firmware Version 2.00 for the D200 of significance if you
do not plan to use the WT-3 Wireless Transmitter or the Image Authentication
feature?

MarkČ

papewe wrote:
> Is the update to Firmware Version 2.00 for the D200 of significance
> if you do not plan to use the WT-3 Wireless Transmitter or the Image
> Authentication feature?

According to Dpreview.com, those are the only two changes that apply to the
D200.

Changes to the D2X are extensive by comparison.
Read the details here:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0610/06...onfirmware.asp

www.pbase.com/markuson

Peter Rongsted

On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 13:44:31 -0700, "MarkČ" <mjmorgan(lowest even
number here)@cox..net> wrote:

>papewe wrote:
>> Is the update to Firmware Version 2.00 for the D200 of significance
>> if you do not plan to use the WT-3 Wireless Transmitter or the Image
>> Authentication feature?

Yes to some people.

>According to Dpreview.com, those are the only two changes that apply to the
>D200.

Well, If you have a Sigma HSM lens, then tha AF-On botton did not work
with Ver 1.0.0. It has been fixed in Ver 2.0.0.

Peter

Don Wiss

On Mon, 09 Oct 2006, Peter Rongsted <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 13:44:31 -0700, "MarkČ" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
>
>>According to Dpreview.com, those are the only two changes that apply to the
>>D200.

>Well, If you have a Sigma HSM lens, then tha AF-On botton did not work
>with Ver 1.0.0. It has been fixed in Ver 2.0.0.

I'm sure there are many other minor bug fixes that they would prefer not to
disclose. Version 1.0.0 software is never flawless.

One thing I complained about, but I have no way of knowing if they fixed.
If you attached a GPS the software was rounding the coordinates to four
decimals. This reduced the accuracy to 40 feet. Earlier models (e.g. D2X)
did not do this rounding.