Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > good company to deal with

good company to deal with

Maurice Hood

Anybody used Pixmania?
What is your impression?
Looks like some equipment is imported and you may have to pay duty, but
they state they will refund.
Anyone had this situation?

Roger Matthews

"Maurice Hood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0f0f92adb04927c2bc5e4a08840cfea2.126261@mygat e.mailgate.org...
> Anybody used Pixmania?
> What is your impression?
> Looks like some equipment is imported and you may have to pay duty, but
> they state they will refund.
> Anyone had this situation?

Don't think you need to worry about duty since (afaik) the goods are sent
from a UK address. But often the manuals/installation software (if present)
is in non-English languages. There are English versions provide for download
but in the case of a printer I purchased from them recently the setup.exe
was not present on the web and I had to manually install all of the
components myself.

This might worry you or not.

Roger

Roy G

"Maurice Hood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0f0f92adb04927c2bc5e4a08840cfea2.126261@mygat e.mailgate.org...
> Anybody used Pixmania?
> What is your impression?
> Looks like some equipment is imported and you may have to pay duty, but
> they state they will refund.
> Anyone had this situation?

Try putting them into Google and work through hits until you find the
comments from real customers.

Not quite so impressive then.

Roy G

David J Taylor

Maurice Hood wrote:
> Anybody used Pixmania?

Yes.

> What is your impression?

Not good.
They were cheap.
They shipped later than promised.
The delivery label had come off the package, and it was only by opening
the package that the local TNT found my address....

> Looks like some equipment is imported and you may have to pay duty,
> but they state they will refund.
> Anyone had this situation?

No duty, but a French manual and mains plug (the latter was an advantage
for European travel, the former required a PDF download of the English
version).

At the time, they were the only people with the Panasonic FZ5 in stock,
and I wanted one fairly quickly (to allow a good time to test it and
familiarise myself with the camera before going to Barcelona for the F1
Grand Prix motor race). I would look at other suppliers first next time.
The camera itself has been fine, by the way, and I have been very pleased
with it.

David

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 08:39:58 +0000 (UTC), in rec.photo.digital "Maurice
Hood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Anybody used Pixmania?
>What is your impression?
>Looks like some equipment is imported and you may have to pay duty, but
>they state they will refund.
>Anyone had this situation?

Ed Ruf ((E-Mail Removed))

Paul Heslop

Maurice Hood wrote:

> Anybody used Pixmania?
> What is your impression?
> Looks like some equipment is imported and you may have to pay duty, but
> they state they will refund.
> Anyone had this situation?

I have heard absolute horror stories about delivery etc. Also i think
stories about some manuals only being in french, lousy customer care
etc. I only once tried to order something from their website which
took me ages t select and after going through the process was finally
informed by phone that it was out of stock.
--
Paul (why dont you call me i feel like flying in two)
Stop and Look

Justus Lipsius

Maurice Hood bedacht in news:0f0f92adb04927c2bc5e4a08840cfea2.126261
@mygate.mailgate.org:

> Anybody used Pixmania?
> What is your impression?
> Looks like some equipment is imported and you may have to pay duty, but
> they state they will refund.
> Anyone had this situation?

My experience: No problems, very quick delivery, manual in French.

JL

Survey: Does your company use Python? Do you know a company thatuses Python? VanL Python 1 08-07-2009 08:22 PM
AMD64 or Semperon, deal or no deal? Tad Confused Computer Information 7 04-13-2006 05:43 PM
deal or no deal rbt Python 7 12-28-2005 08:57 PM
good web optimization company?? cellular repair HTML 1 07-02-2003 02:05 PM
Which is a good UK web hosting company that lets u see proper stats? xyZed HTML 3 06-29-2003 07:05 PM

Advertisments