Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon D70 average used price?

Nikon D70 average used price?

yubbers9@yahoo.com

Hi all,

If someone is thinking about buying a used D70
with the regular Nikon zoom lens, how much
should they expect to pay? These were first sold
2 years ago, so what is the real-world i.e.
non-Ebay depreciation?

Thanks.

Bill Crocker

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi all,
>
> If someone is thinking about buying a used D70
> with the regular Nikon zoom lens, how much
> should they expect to pay? These were first sold
> 2 years ago, so what is the real-world i.e.
> non-Ebay depreciation?
>
> Thanks.

D70, or D70s? Define "regular" Nikon zoom lens?

Bill Crocker

Neil Ellwood

On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 22:28:02 -0400, Bill Crocker wrote:

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> Hi all,
>>
>> If someone is thinking about buying a used D70
>> with the regular Nikon zoom lens, how much
>> should they expect to pay? These were first sold
>> 2 years ago, so what is the real-world i.e.
>> non-Ebay depreciation?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> D70, or D70s? Define "regular" Nikon zoom lens?
>
> Bill Crocker

They are the ones that have voluntarily enlisted in one of the armed
services - i.e. not conscripted.

--
Neil
Delete l to reply

Pete D

"Bill Crocker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> Hi all,
>>
>> If someone is thinking about buying a used D70
>> with the regular Nikon zoom lens, how much
>> should they expect to pay? These were first sold
>> 2 years ago, so what is the real-world i.e.
>> non-Ebay depreciation?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> D70, or D70s? Define "regular" Nikon zoom lens?
>
> Bill Crocker

One would assume it is the D70 cos the D70s is not two years old and with
the kit lens, 18-70mm isn't it, that wasn't so hard was it?

Bill Crocker

"Pete D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45235a09$0$8404$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Bill Crocker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> If someone is thinking about buying a used D70
>>> with the regular Nikon zoom lens, how much
>>> should they expect to pay? These were first sold
>>> 2 years ago, so what is the real-world i.e.
>>> non-Ebay depreciation?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> D70, or D70s? Define "regular" Nikon zoom lens?
>>
>> Bill Crocker
>>

> One would assume it is the D70 cos the D70s is not two years old and with
> the kit lens, 18-70mm isn't it, that wasn't so hard was it?

I try not to assume anything. The D70s is 1-1/2 years old, so it's close to
being two years old in my book.

As for a "regular" Nikon zoom lens, yes, it would relate to the 18-70mm lens
if you were talking about what it normally was sold with. However, if
you're talking about "regular" in terms of focal lengths, they could be
referring to the 18-55mm lens as well.

What I don't understand is, if you know for certain what the person was
asking, why didn't you attempt to answer their question, rather than to find
fault with mine?

Bill Crocker

Bill Crocker

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi all,
>
> If someone is thinking about buying a used D70
> with the regular Nikon zoom lens, how much
> should they expect to pay? These were first sold
> 2 years ago, so what is the real-world i.e.
> non-Ebay depreciation?
>
> Thanks.

Based on Pete D's analogy, if it is in fact a D70, with a 18-70 kit lens,
eBay's average selling price has been around $400-$450.

If you do end up with a D70 (and not the D70s), make sure you apply Nikon's
current firmware update, as it corrects some minor issues with the D70, and
for the most part, brings it up to spec with the D70s.

Hope this helps.

Bill Crocker