Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon to Pentax lens mount adapter

Nikon to Pentax lens mount adapter

quess who

Has anyone heard of or know of a mount adapter to go from Nikon mount
lens to Pentax bayonet mount? I have a whole bunch of great lenses for
my old Nikormat and bought a Pentax k100 on which I would truly love
to mount those lens even in manual mode. I, or rather my wife, has a
Pentax so I can already use those lens.

dj_nme@hotmail.com

quess who wrote:
> Has anyone heard of or know of a mount adapter to go from Nikon mount
> lens to Pentax bayonet mount?

Unfortunately not.
The difference in flange to film distance between the two mounts is
about 1mm and the bayonet is the same diameter or bigger than the
Pentax lensmount, so any adapter would have it's Nikon F mount sit
outside the Pentax camera mounting ring and have a correction optic to
restore infinity focus.

> I have a whole bunch of great lenses for
> my old Nikormat and bought a Pentax k100 on which I would truly love
> to mount those lens even in manual mode. I, or rather my wife, has a
> Pentax so I can already use those lens.

If you are feeling adventurous, you could exchange the Nikon bayonet on
the lens with a Pentax one to fit it into the camera.
It is a bit of a hack, as you'd either need to get the bayonets
specialy machined, or you'd have to use a PK to M42 adapter that has a
flange to swap with the Nikon F mount and even that would need holes
drilled and/or slots cut/machined into it so it would fit.
An example (on eBay) of the adapter I mean is like this one:
<http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Fotodiox-M42-Lens-Pentax-K-Adapter-for-K1000_W0QQitemZ320034808308QQihZ011QQcategoryZ3005 9QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>
or like this one:
<http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Bague-M42-pour-adapter-un-objectif-M-42-PENTAX-K_W0QQitemZ190037123330QQihZ009QQcategoryZ100744QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>
The result would be entirely manual and be stop-down metering only, as
the Nikon aperture lever has to move in th oposite way to that on a
Pentax lens.

quess who

Thanks for the reply.

I am however, not that adventurous as to try hacking a mount when I
have perfectly good Petax lenses to play with!

dj_nme@hotmail.com

quess who wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I am however, not that adventurous as to try hacking a mount when I
> have perfectly good Petax lenses to play with!

Neither am I, normaly.
On the other hand, if I see a shift lens on eBay that is going cheap in
either Nikon F or Oly OM mount (both have a longer flange to film
distance than Pentax K), I might be tempted.

I have permanentaly adapted a Jupiter 9 (85mm f1:2.0) from M42 to K
with one of those flanged adapters.
It also involved dismantling the lens (it simply unscrews in the
middle) and removing a spacer ring to restore infinity focus.