Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Windows Wireless Utility or Manufacturer's?

Windows Wireless Utility or Manufacturer's?

MS

All wireless cards seem to come with the manufacturer's utility for
configuring the connection. To use it you have to disable Windows own
wireless configuration utility.

The manufacturer's recommend using theirs, which has a fancier-looking GUI.
(In my case, D-Link and Netgear, for two different cards.)

Which do people find work more reliably however? The one built into Windows,
or the one that comes with the card?

In my case using Windows XP Pro on two computers, one is upgraded to SP2,
the other isn't.

I have always used the windows configuration and never
even installed the manufacturer tool....
Wireless network works fine for more then a year already.
I suggest to try the windows configuration first, if
problems you can always install the manufacturer tool
later.