Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > telephoto for Sony DSC H1

telephoto for Sony DSC H1

karakoldemar@gmail.com

I am wondering if there is a telephoto available as an attachment to
my DSC-H1. I like taking pictures of birds and insects and sometimes I
cannot get too close. I know there is one but it is only 1.7x. I would
like one with more power which will fit my camera. Any ideas or tips?

irwell

On 26 Sep 2006 10:42:06 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I am wondering if there is a telephoto available as an attachment to
>my DSC-H1. I like taking pictures of birds and insects and sometimes I
>cannot get too close. I know there is one but it is only 1.7x. I would
>like one with more power which will fit my camera. Any ideas or tips?

You probably need a spotting scope and adapter.
Try asking here.

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)

On 26 Sep 2006 10:42:06 -0700, in rec.photo.digital (E-Mail Removed)
wrote:

>I am wondering if there is a telephoto available as an attachment to
>my DSC-H1. I like taking pictures of birds and insects and sometimes I
>cannot get too close. I know there is one but it is only 1.7x. I would
>like one with more power which will fit my camera. Any ideas or tips?

That would all ready give you 1.7 x 432mm = 734mm equiv. Even with image
stabilization that's pushing handheld capability pretty good. It's made
specifically for the camera I doubt you'll find anything better elsewhere.
I used the Nikon TCs on my old 990 and 5700 with decent results. These were
matched not to decrease the max aperture of the lens which ultimately
effects the shutter speed you are able to achieve.
--
Ed Ruf ((E-Mail Removed))