Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > One-Shot Digital Calibration Target or expodisc

One-Shot Digital Calibration Target or expodisc

picture taker

im looking for input on either of these white balance tools or any
other that does the job very well and easy to use .

thank you

Bart van der Wolf

"picture taker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> im looking for input on either of these white balance tools or
> any other that does the job very well and easy to use .

<http://www.rawworkflow.com/products/whibal/index.html>
<http://www.babelcolor.com/main_level/White_Target.htm>

Much better than an overprized expodisk.

--
Bart

Father Kodak

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:03:12 +0200, "Bart van der Wolf"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"picture taker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> im looking for input on either of these white balance tools or
>> any other that does the job very well and easy to use .

><http://www.rawworkflow.com/products/whibal/index.html>
><http://www.babelcolor.com/main_level/White_Target.htm>
>
>Much better than an overprized expodisk.

Bart,

Do you have another URL for the second product? I use a security
product called SocketShield (www.xplabs.com) which detects malware on
web sites and prevents "drive - by downloads" (which happen in the
background.) SocketShield flagged the second site as infected, by a
hacker I'm sure. (It could even be a banner ad on that site.) The
site owner is probably unaware of the problem.

Father Kodak

Digital Photography Now

We're just looking at these - hope to have an article up soon. Basically, we
found only a very marginal advantage in using even the expensive WB aids. If
you can point your camera at a white sheet of paper or card, it gets you 95%
of the way there.

Ian

Digital Photography Now
http://dpnow.com

*** Extra 40MB of storage space on DPNow's free photo gallery until the end
of November, don't miss it while it's there! http://galleries.dpnow.com

"Father Kodak" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:03:12 +0200, "Bart van der Wolf"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"picture taker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed) roups.com...
>>> im looking for input on either of these white balance tools or
>>> any other that does the job very well and easy to use .

>><http://www.rawworkflow.com/products/whibal/index.html>
>><http://www.babelcolor.com/main_level/White_Target.htm>
>>
>>Much better than an overprized expodisk.

> Bart,
>
> Do you have another URL for the second product? I use a security
> product called SocketShield (www.xplabs.com) which detects malware on
> web sites and prevents "drive - by downloads" (which happen in the
> background.) SocketShield flagged the second site as infected, by a
> hacker I'm sure. (It could even be a banner ad on that site.) The
> site owner is probably unaware of the problem.
>
> Father Kodak

Father Kodak

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 10:51:24 GMT, "Digital Photography Now"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>We're just looking at these - hope to have an article up soon. Basically, we
>found only a very marginal advantage in using even the expensive WB aids. If
>you can point your camera at a white sheet of paper or card, it gets you 95%
>of the way there.

How about the old standby Kodak 18% gray card?

Monitor Calibration. Colorvision Calibration Looks Incorrect Haydon Digital Photography 7 05-23-2007 08:52 PM
Westcott Digital Calibration Target Mooda Digital Photography 4 02-28-2005 01:36 AM
expodisc? leo Digital Photography 9 08-12-2004 03:04 AM
Expodisc Ray Paseur Digital Photography 3 07-06-2004 01:30 PM
Color Balance w/ ExpoDisc Stafford_PC Digital Photography 1 04-12-2004 11:45 PM

Advertisments