Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > taking pictures with computer?

taking pictures with computer?

zara

We recently got an hp photosmart 618 camera. I was wondering if there's
a way to take pictures directly from the computer and bypass the memory
card?

Thanks.

Stewy

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"zara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> We recently got an hp photosmart 618 camera. I was wondering if there's
> a way to take pictures directly from the computer and bypass the memory
> card?

You mean use it as a webcam?

Scott W

zara wrote:
> We recently got an hp photosmart 618 camera. I was wondering if there's
> a way to take pictures directly from the computer and bypass the memory
> card?

I know some cameras can do this but not all. If it can be done there
should be
software for it that came with the camera.

Scott

zara

"Stewy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "zara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > We recently got an hp photosmart 618 camera. I was wondering if

there's
> > a way to take pictures directly from the computer and bypass the

memory
> > card?

> You mean use it as a webcam?

If that would make it possible to send the picture directly to the
computer, by passing the camera's memory card, then yes. (We don't have
a memory card in our camera at present.)

tomm42

zara wrote:
> "Stewy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > "zara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > > We recently got an hp photosmart 618 camera. I was wondering if

> there's
> > > a way to take pictures directly from the computer and bypass the

> memory
> > > card?

> > You mean use it as a webcam?

> If that would make it possible to send the picture directly to the
> computer, by passing the camera's memory card, then yes. (We don't have
> a memory card in our camera at present.)

Unless the computer has wifi or has a direct capture feature, you need
the card. With Wifi you need to be in the general area of the computer,
thethering means you need a direct connection to the computer (ala web
cam). Both of these senarios don't give much flexibility and are only
available on certain cameras. Also most cameras need a card just to get
them working, start it up and you get a message on the menu screen
"Need Card" or "No Card Present".

Tom