Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > nikon capture 4.4.2 - raw pics save with bluish haze?

nikon capture 4.4.2 - raw pics save with bluish haze?

radiodurans

I usually edit my raw images with nikon capture to get the color mode
and temperature correct and then open to edit in adobe 16 bit mode. I
was doing this when I noticed that after I had set color temperature
and everything correctly, I opened it up in photoshop cs2 and the image
appears to be tinted blue, as if the color temperature is off. Even
when I save as tiff directly from raw in capture editor, I get the same
end effect with the color temperature off or something to create a
slight bluish haze. What's up with that?

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)

On 23 Sep 2006 08:09:37 -0700, in rec.photo.digital "radiodurans"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I usually edit my raw images with nikon capture to get the color mode
>and temperature correct and then open to edit in adobe 16 bit mode. I
>was doing this when I noticed that after I had set color temperature
>and everything correctly, I opened it up in photoshop cs2 and the image
>appears to be tinted blue, as if the color temperature is off. Even
>when I save as tiff directly from raw in capture editor, I get the same
>end effect with the color temperature off or something to create a
>slight bluish haze. What's up with that?

First thing to check is how color management is set up in both programs and
that both programs are using the proper monitor profile.
--
Ed Ruf ((E-Mail Removed))