Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: need some help here

Re: need some help here

John McWilliams

Wes Groleau wrote:
> John McWilliams wrote:
>> fu set

> A laudable attempt, but it only affects replies to YOUR post.

Laudable? Thanks, but that raises it several notches higher than I would
have rated it; possibly futile- oh, wait, quixotic comes to mind.

Of course it applies to replies to my post. But if a thread is caught
early, it can be beneficial in reducing volume. Raising awareness and
all that. Or it could backfire.

--
john mcwilliams

I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met.
[Stephen Wright]

ASAAR

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 21:32:28 -0700, John McWilliams wrote:

>> A laudable attempt, but it only affects replies to YOUR post.

> Laudable? Thanks, but that raises it several notches higher than I would
> have rated it; possibly futile- oh, wait, quixotic comes to mind.

Indeed yes. But it should be "Quixotic", remember?

> Of course it applies to replies to my post. But if a thread is caught
> early, it can be beneficial in reducing volume. Raising awareness and
> all that. Or it could backfire.

Tilt!

John McWilliams

ASAAR wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 21:32:28 -0700, John McWilliams wrote:
>
>>> A laudable attempt, but it only affects replies to YOUR post.

>> Laudable? Thanks, but that raises it several notches higher than I would
>> have rated it; possibly futile- oh, wait, quixotic comes to mind.

> Indeed yes. But it should be "Quixotic", remember?

Don't know whether the emoticon signifies a double, or triple ironic
putsch. The adverb is quixotic. The character and the title of
Cervantes' book is capitalized.

But let's not go round and round on this!

<s>

--
john mcwilliams

ASAAR

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 22:12:29 -0700, John McWilliams wrote:

> The adverb is quixotic. The character and the title of
> Cervantes' book is capitalized.
>
> But let's not go round and round on this!

I'll have to take your advice, as I'm not long-winded enough to
keep it going any longer. And it might be worse than futile if I
could. For all we know it might start another revolution!

John McWilliams

ASAAR wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 22:12:29 -0700, John McWilliams wrote:
>
>> The adverb is quixotic. The character and the title of
>> Cervantes' book is capitalized.
>>
>> But let's not go round and round on this!

> I'll have to take your advice, as I'm not long-winded enough to
> keep it going any longer. And it might be worse than futile if I
> could. For all we know it might start another revolution!

Thank you, [Tri-X] Pangloss; that leaves the best possible world.

--
john mcwilliams

Need some help here Kareem840 Python 10 09-22-2006 10:43 PM
I need some help here =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?= ASP .Net 6 04-18-2005 08:52 AM
I need some help here =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?= ASP .Net 1 02-02-2005 04:30 PM
I need some help here........ John D Computer Support 4 01-10-2004 11:54 PM
My 1st pascal Need some help here ...:O) _303 Computer Support 6 08-03-2003 01:15 AM

Advertisments