Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > What I did to get MCAD...

What I did to get MCAD...

Swanand Mokashi

Hi

Posting this to the group as I have been getting lots of emails , asking the
same questions.
Please guys , post to the newsgroups, not individual emails!

I took 70-305 first then 70-306 and then 70-310 . I reason I did it in this
order is I am primarily a web developer and then a windows developer, as 305
is more on web part than 306. Also I have been working on full-cyle .NET
application for over a year .Add to it the 4 years experience I have with
"classic: ASP And VB 6.0. That certainly helped!

As far as study material , I had read the Professional ASP.NET(Wrox) and
Professional VB.NET(Wrox) books way back before I decided to persue
certification.
For the actual exams I read Mike Gunderloy's books cover to cover and then
followed it up with reading MSDN , for the parts I thought I was not clear
on after reading the books.

These are the 3 books I read for the above 3 exams:
1.MCAD/MCSD Training Guide (70-305): Developing and Implementing Web
Applications with Visual Basic.NET and Visual Studio.NET
by Mike Gunderloy (isbn : 0789728184)
2.MCAD/MCSD Training Guide (70-306): Developing and Implementing
Windows-Based Applications with Visual Basic.NET and Visual Studio.NET
by Mike Gunderloy, Ed Tittel (Editor) (ISBN:0789728192)
3.MCAD/MCSD Training Guide (70-310): Developing XML Web Services and Server
Components with Visual Basic .NET and the .NET Framework
by Mike Gunderloy (ISBN:0789728206)

Swanand Mokashi
Microsoft Certified Application Developer (.NET)
http://www.swanandmokashi.com/
Home of the Stock Quotes, Quote of the day and Horoscope web services