Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon Powershot S3 IS - Accessory Lenses. HELP!

Canon Powershot S3 IS - Accessory Lenses. HELP!

raphael.web@gmail.com

I'm searching for Teleconverter lenses for the S3 IS, as well as good
wide angle and macro lenses. Canon tells me not to use any lenses not
made by Canon. Does anyone out there know if thirdy party lenses are
compatible with The S3 IS and its adapters, and if they produce good
pics? I'm asking b/c Canon's lenses only provide 1.5 times mag, while
others provide between 2 and 3 times. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks!

snapper@mailinator.com

On 21 Sep 2006 12:46:39 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I'm searching for Teleconverter lenses for the S3 IS, as well as good
> wide angle and macro lenses. Canon tells me not to use any lenses not
> made by Canon. Does anyone out there know if thirdy party lenses are
> compatible with The S3 IS and its adapters, and if they produce good
> pics? I'm asking b/c Canon's lenses only provide 1.5 times mag, while
> others provide between 2 and 3 times. Any help will be appreciated.
> Thanks!

Canon are full of bullshit. I have the S2 IS and happily use my old Fuji teleconverter with the
appropriate adapter ring.

Miles Treacher

On 21 Sep 2006 12:46:39 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I'm searching for Teleconverter lenses for the S3 IS, as well as good
>wide angle and macro lenses. Canon tells me not to use any lenses not
>made by Canon. Does anyone out there know if thirdy party lenses are
>compatible with The S3 IS and its adapters, and if they produce good
>pics? I'm asking b/c Canon's lenses only provide 1.5 times mag, while
>others provide between 2 and 3 times. Any help will be appreciated.
>Thanks!

This site has quite a bit on the subject
http://www.lensmateonline.com/newsite/S2.html

Miles