Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Re: Who stands to benefit from C# stream of MCAD?

Re: Who stands to benefit from C# stream of MCAD?

jd@aol.com

In a discussion I had with a manager at Microsoft recently, I was told
Microsoft plans to eventually stop supporting VB altogether and are
pushing users towards C#. It doesn't make sense to me but that was
from an internal meeting at Microsoft.

On 24 Jun 2003 04:21:56 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Cherry)
wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>I am a SE from NOIDA (India) with strong base in C++, VC++ and VFP.
>Currently I'm working on VFP.
>I studied VJ++ 3 years back, but never got opportunity to have work
>expereince on it. Now I plan to clear MCAD with 315 and 316 papers.
>Can anyone suggest whether it would prove any helpful in my career.
>I am strongly inclined towards C, C++ and am quite confused whether C#
>would prove beneficial when I keep hearing from all around me about
>bright future of VB.Net.
>
>Cherry

Kline Sphere

>In a discussion I had with a manager at Microsoft recently, I was told
>Microsoft plans to eventually stop supporting VB altogether and are
>pushing users towards C#. It doesn't make sense to me but that was
>from an internal meeting at Microsoft.

Can't see it myself. For a start there is no financial reason to do
so.