Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Jaggies?

Jaggies?

MikeM

If I understand what I read correctly this refers to the jagged
appearance ofstraight lines on the monitor.Is this correct? Can I
change a setting to reduce/remove it? It's not very noticable on most
photos but is more noticeable on some. I have a Mitsubishi Diamond
Plus 93sb 19" monitor.

Thanks
Mike

John Turco

MikeM wrote:

> If I understand what I read correctly this refers to the jagged
> appearance ofstraight lines on the monitor.Is this correct? Can I
> change a setting to reduce/remove it? It's not very noticable on most
> photos but is more noticeable on some. I have a Mitsubishi Diamond
> Plus 93sb 19" monitor.
>
> Thanks
> Mike

Hello, Mike:

Your definition of "jaggies" is essentially accurate. Still, if they're
only bothersome in a few of your shots, just ignore them.

Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>

Don Stauffer in Minnesota

MikeM wrote:
> If I understand what I read correctly this refers to the jagged
> appearance ofstraight lines on the monitor.Is this correct? Can I
> change a setting to reduce/remove it? It's not very noticable on most
> photos but is more noticeable on some. I have a Mitsubishi Diamond
> Plus 93sb 19" monitor.
>
> Thanks
> Mike

Can you increase the screen resolution any more, or are you at the
limit of this setting on your graphics card? The monitor has a max
resolution, so does the card. What is the max on that monitor?

Bill Funk

On 22 Sep 2006 06:48:00 -0700, "Don Stauffer in Minnesota"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>MikeM wrote:
>> If I understand what I read correctly this refers to the jagged
>> appearance ofstraight lines on the monitor.Is this correct? Can I
>> change a setting to reduce/remove it? It's not very noticable on most
>> photos but is more noticeable on some. I have a Mitsubishi Diamond
>> Plus 93sb 19" monitor.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Mike

>Can you increase the screen resolution any more, or are you at the
>limit of this setting on your graphics card? The monitor has a max
>resolution, so does the card. What is the max on that monitor?

The problem is probably a downsized image, not too little resolution
on the monitor.
The OP should zoom in to see the image at a larger resolution.
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"

MikeM

One of the worst pics is of a building with all straight lines on an
angle to the horizontal and perpendicular. When viewed in PSE4
organizer at single image it seems smooth but with editor at the same
single image view the edges look very rough and at actual pixels it is
still very slightly rough, but much less noticable than at fit to
screen.

Thanks
Mike