Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Baby portrait

Baby portrait

kombi45@yahoo.com

Positive and neg....constructive feedback equally appreciated:

http://www.pbase.com/image/67224954

Thanks,

Ben

PS - Info on the shot: D2X, 70-200 AF-S VR, JPEG FINE, sRGB, color
mode III. CS2 - slight blue and red curve adjustments; blue, cyan and
yellow saturation boosts; unsharp mask at 85% - 1.0 pixel. The "bluer"
blue you see to the baby's right is the traction tape on the steps of
the pool, not user error...

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

> PS - Info on the shot: D2X, 70-200 AF-S VR, JPEG FINE, sRGB, color
> mode III. CS2 - slight blue and red curve adjustments; blue, cyan and
> yellow saturation boosts; unsharp mask at 85% - 1.0 pixel. The
> "bluer" blue you see to the baby's right is the traction tape on the
> steps of the pool, not user error...

Nice job! I like the shadowing created by the sunlight. The action with
the water is great and adds so much life to the shot. The only thing I
would have done differently is use the 85mm f/1.4 to tighten up on the DoF
on the background a bit, but that's just personal taste.

Rita

kombi45@yahoo.com

Rita Berkowitz wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > PS - Info on the shot: D2X, 70-200 AF-S VR, JPEG FINE, sRGB, color
> > mode III. CS2 - slight blue and red curve adjustments; blue, cyan and
> > yellow saturation boosts; unsharp mask at 85% - 1.0 pixel. The
> > "bluer" blue you see to the baby's right is the traction tape on the
> > steps of the pool, not user error...

> Nice job! I like the shadowing created by the sunlight. The action with
> the water is great and adds so much life to the shot. The only thing I
> would have done differently is use the 85mm f/1.4 to tighten up on the DoF
> on the background a bit, but that's just personal taste.

Thanks for the kind words, Rita, and yes, I agree with your comments on
the DoF - I am going to blur the background a little more to
taste...thanks again.

Mark

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Positive and neg....constructive feedback equally appreciated:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/image/67224954
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben
>
> PS - Info on the shot: D2X, 70-200 AF-S VR, JPEG FINE, sRGB, color
> mode III. CS2 - slight blue and red curve adjustments; blue, cyan and
> yellow saturation boosts; unsharp mask at 85% - 1.0 pixel. The
> "bluer" blue you see to the baby's right is the traction tape on the
> steps of the pool, not user error...

How did you imbed the water pipe into his left arm/hand??

--
Images (Plus Snaps & Grabs) by Mark at:
www.pbase.com/markuson

Petri Lopia

On 2006-09-20, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Positive and neg....constructive feedback equally appreciated:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/image/67224954

Nice one =) I like thos colours colours.

--
Petri Lopia :: (E-Mail Removed)lid
StormChasing/Myrskynbongaus etc. Lightnings/Salamoita yms.

kombi45@yahoo.com

Mark (lowest even number here) wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > Positive and neg....constructive feedback equally appreciated:
> >
> > http://www.pbase.com/image/67224954
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Ben
> >
> > PS - Info on the shot: D2X, 70-200 AF-S VR, JPEG FINE, sRGB, color
> > mode III. CS2 - slight blue and red curve adjustments; blue, cyan and
> > yellow saturation boosts; unsharp mask at 85% - 1.0 pixel. The
> > "bluer" blue you see to the baby's right is the traction tape on the
> > steps of the pool, not user error...

> How did you imbed the water pipe into his left arm/hand??

Tommy Chong Day Care Center in El Segundo.

lubecki@hotmail.com

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Positive and neg....constructive feedback equally appreciated:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/image/67224954
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben
>
> PS - Info on the shot: D2X, 70-200 AF-S VR, JPEG FINE, sRGB, color
> mode III. CS2 - slight blue and red curve adjustments; blue, cyan and
> yellow saturation boosts; unsharp mask at 85% - 1.0 pixel. The "bluer"
> blue you see to the baby's right is the traction tape on the steps of
> the pool, not user error...

Nice picture. As other people already commented, I'd open up the lens
for a shallower depth of field. I would also get lower down (maybe lie
down at the edge of the pool) so the camera is closer to the kid's eye
level. That would make the picture more interesting, though you'd have
to be careful that you still have water in the background rather than
whatever is in the back of the pool. The blue color is very nice, so
you wouldn't want to lose that by getting too low.

-Gniewko

ahmat

it would be much better if you can catch the baby's eyes

(E-Mail Removed) 寫道:

> Positive and neg....constructive feedback equally appreciated:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/image/67224954
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben
>
> PS - Info on the shot: D2X, 70-200 AF-S VR, JPEG FINE, sRGB, color
> mode III. CS2 - slight blue and red curve adjustments; blue, cyan and
> yellow saturation boosts; unsharp mask at 85% - 1.0 pixel. The "bluer"
> blue you see to the baby's right is the traction tape on the steps of
> the pool, not user error...

MQueue

ahmat wrote:
> it would be much better if you can catch the baby's eyes
>
> (E-Mail Removed) 寫道:

Very nice pictures. The baby looks so cute