Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon drop-in PL-C filter for 300mm f/2.8

Canon drop-in PL-C filter for 300mm f/2.8

Mardon

I posted this a couple of days ago in rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
but haven't received any responses, so I thought I'd try here. Is
Canon's drop-in PL-C filter the only reasonable circular polarizing
for a Canon 300mm f/2.8L IS? I see that a drop-in threaded adapter
is available that would hold my existing 52mm Hoya super multi-coated
PL-C but it seems to me that this arrangement would make it next to
impossible to adjust the polarization angle without lots of trial and
error; that is, drop it in, check, take it our, adjust, insert again,
repeat. Is this correct? I do not yet have the lens but want to
know if the drop-in Canon PL-C is the best one to order with the
lens. TIA

prep@prep.synonet.com

Mardon <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> I posted this a couple of days ago in rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
> but haven't received any responses, so I thought I'd try here. Is
> Canon's drop-in PL-C filter the only reasonable circular polarizing
> for a Canon 300mm f/2.8L IS? I see that a drop-in threaded adapter
> is available that would hold my existing 52mm Hoya super multi-coated
> PL-C but it seems to me that this arrangement would make it next to
> impossible to adjust the polarization angle without lots of trial and
> error; that is, drop it in, check, take it our, adjust, insert again,
> repeat. Is this correct? I do not yet have the lens but want to
> know if the drop-in Canon PL-C is the best one to order with the
> lens. TIA

Well you COULD special order one for the front...

Yes, but the good news is you only need one. Most of the time. It is
cheap as a fraction of the lens price compared to a POL-C for a kit
lens.

--
Paul Repacholi 1 Crescent Rd.,
+61 (0 9257-1001 Kalamunda.