Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Photo suggestions Venice, Italy

Photo suggestions Venice, Italy

Hoshisato

I'll be visiting Venice, Italy soon and I've started reading up on it
and no doubt I will find plenty of photo opportunities, but I would
hate to come home and find out about a rare view or a rare shot I could
have taken had I done my homework. Are there any shots you can
recommend?

Marvin

Hoshisato wrote:
> I'll be visiting Venice, Italy soon and I've started reading up on it
> and no doubt I will find plenty of photo opportunities, but I would
> hate to come home and find out about a rare view or a rare shot I could
> have taken had I done my homework. Are there any shots you can
> recommend?

I recommend that you spend a day or more island-hopping on
the water buses. You buy a daily ticket (or a three-day
ticket) and hop on the bus to the next island. It gets you
away from the places where there are more tourists than natives.

sally

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
Hoshisato <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I'll be visiting Venice, Italy soon and I've started reading up on it
>and no doubt I will find plenty of photo opportunities, but I would
>hate to come home and find out about a rare view or a rare shot I could
>have taken had I done my homework. Are there any shots you can
>recommend?

You can find all the standard tourist shots by looking at post cards
or tourist guide books. Some more interesting shots might be empty
streets late at night or the real residents walking and working early
in the morning before all the tourists wake up.

Dennis Pogson

Hoshisato wrote:
> I'll be visiting Venice, Italy soon and I've started reading up on it
> and no doubt I will find plenty of photo opportunities, but I would
> hate to come home and find out about a rare view or a rare shot I
> could have taken had I done my homework. Are there any shots you can
> recommend?

Take a camping mattress with you and photograph the ceiling of the Sistine
Chapel, Michaelangelo-style!

Clive

I don't understand. He is going to Venice, not Rome.

news:F9BPg.27795$(E-Mail Removed)...

babalooixnay@hotmail.com

Hoshisato wrote:
> I'll be visiting Venice, Italy soon and I've started reading up on it
> and no doubt I will find plenty of photo opportunities, but I would
> hate to come home and find out about a rare view or a rare shot I could
> have taken had I done my homework. Are there any shots you can
> recommend?

How soon is soon? If you are there and the rainy season has begun you
might get lucky and see "Alta Acqua" when venice floods. Strong
southerly winds pushing up the Adriatic and a new or full moon are the
forecasters Look for the stacked up raised sidewalks stashed in
various locations. St. Marks is one of the first areas to flood.
Great people shots on the walkways with Venice in the background. Try
and take a day trip to Padua, trains from Mestre Station probably every
40 minutes on average for the half hour trip.

Paul Mitchum

Hoshisato <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'll be visiting Venice, Italy soon and I've started reading up on it
> and no doubt I will find plenty of photo opportunities, but I would
> hate to come home and find out about a rare view or a rare shot I could
> have taken had I done my homework. Are there any shots you can
> recommend?

Venice is the kind of place where you get a good photo when you
accidentally drop your camera.

Just explore and you'll find stuff. You could spend a lifetime wandering
around that place and finding pictures. I suggest learning the history
rather than looking for photogenic stuff.

Lee K

"Hoshisato" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> I'll be visiting Venice, Italy soon and I've started reading up on it
> and no doubt I will find plenty of photo opportunities, but I would
> hate to come home and find out about a rare view or a rare shot I could
> have taken had I done my homework. Are there any shots you can
> recommend?

Here's a gallery of pictures another visitor to Venice posted elsewhere.
Some interesting shots.

http://tinyurl.com/pbusp

Morton Linder

Hoshisato wrote:
> I'll be visiting Venice, Italy soon and I've started reading up on it
> and no doubt I will find plenty of photo opportunities, but I would
> hate to come home and find out about a rare view or a rare shot I could
> have taken had I done my homework. Are there any shots you can
> recommend?

Remember to go to the top of the belltower for great views. Also, see
little shops on small side streets.
Morton

Morton Linder

Lee K wrote:

> "Hoshisato" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>
>>I'll be visiting Venice, Italy soon and I've started reading up on it
>>and no doubt I will find plenty of photo opportunities, but I would
>>hate to come home and find out about a rare view or a rare shot I could
>>have taken had I done my homework. Are there any shots you can
>>recommend?
>>

> Here's a gallery of pictures another visitor to Venice posted elsewhere.
> Some interesting shots.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/pbusp

Your link is to Elvis Presley's Graceland, which is about 4,000 miles
from Venice.
Morton

Dialup & WiFi in Venice, Italy =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXN0b3BoZXIgSXNoZXJ3b29k?= Wireless Networking 3 03-20-2006 02:55 PM
Photo gallery from Genoa (Italy) GM Digital Photography 0 09-17-2005 02:11 PM
Hiring MCSE 2K3 - Italy (Milano) =?Utf-8?B?SkYgQnVyZ3VldA==?= MCSE 0 09-06-2005 10:56 AM
MCSD courses in Italy Cristiano MCSD 0 03-26-2005 04:38 PM
Help esk Suggestions - Best Practices, Tool, ideas, suggestions, etc JohnNews Computer Support 3 06-23-2003 11:20 PM

Advertisments