Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Any Recommendations on Sony Cybershots?

Any Recommendations on Sony Cybershots?

HOOVER

I want to get my wife a small digital, and we've decided on Sony. Problem
is they have a bunch of Cybershots. Does anyone have one and, if so, what
do you like about it? thanks

Bob Williams

HOOVER wrote:
> I want to get my wife a small digital, and we've decided on Sony. Problem
> is they have a bunch of Cybershots. Does anyone have one and, if so, what
> do you like about it? thanks

What made you decide on a particular BRAND of camera rather than a set
of features that you want in a camera. That seems a rather odd way to
select a digital camera.
It may be OK for selecting a TV set because the feature set on TV sets
is so similar but Sony is alleged to have a better display. (A claim
that I have never been able to confirm with my own sets).
But with digicams, the feature sets vary all over the place.
Bob Williams

Adrian Boliston

"HOOVER" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>I want to get my wife a small digital, and we've decided on Sony. Problem
>is they have a bunch of Cybershots. Does anyone have one and, if so, what
>do you like about it? thanks

My partner swears by her T9. She got a coolpix S6 (I'm a Nikon DSLR user so
suggested she get a coolpix) but hated it so switched it for the T9 which
she much prefers.

Shawn Hirn

In article <9OVOg.12479$Tl4.8824@dukeread06>,
"HOOVER" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I want to get my wife a small digital, and we've decided on Sony. Problem
> is they have a bunch of Cybershots. Does anyone have one and, if so, what
> do you like about it? thanks

I bought a Sony DSC-W100 last June and I am thrilled with it.

Ron Hunter

HOOVER wrote:
> I want to get my wife a small digital, and we've decided on Sony. Problem
> is they have a bunch of Cybershots. Does anyone have one and, if so, what
> do you like about it? thanks

My niece seems very happy with the T5 model her husband recently got
her. Although it has nice features, it lacks a viewfinder which is a
deal-breaker for me.

Pete D

"HOOVER" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I want to get my wife a small digital, and we've decided on Sony. Problem
>is they have a bunch of Cybershots. Does anyone have one and, if so, what
>do you like about it? thanks

I have a V1 as a second compact camera and it takes a pretty good shot.

irwell

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 00:45:34 -0400, Shawn Hirn <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In article <9OVOg.12479$Tl4.8824@dukeread06>,
> "HOOVER" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I want to get my wife a small digital, and we've decided on Sony. Problem
>> is they have a bunch of Cybershots. Does anyone have one and, if so, what
>> do you like about it? thanks

>I bought a Sony DSC-W100 last June and I am thrilled with it.

Ditto, before that the Sony W1.
Rugged with lots of features, pocketable
with a 2.5 inch display, and a View finder.