Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Rechargable Ni-CDs for Canon A540?

Rechargable Ni-CDs for Canon A540?

wkasimer@comcast.net

Dave Cohen wrote:

> NiMH are preferred. There is one downside, if you take very few pictures
> (or fail to drain them in about a month or less), you will see problems
> with self discharge. Not serious but annoying. If that matches your
> shooting habits, take a look at the new eneloop NiMH's now becoming
> available.

Or use lithium AA's. They're expensive, but if you're only shooting
sporadically, it won't break the bank, and there's no self-discharge,
so they'll last for a very, very long time.

Bill

Paul Rubin

> Or use lithium AA's. They're expensive, but if you're only shooting
> sporadically, it won't break the bank, and there's no self-discharge,
> so they'll last for a very, very long time.

I'd say go to Ritz Camera and get some "Eneloop" cells. They're a new
type of cell made by Sanyo, that fixes the self-discharge of normal
NiMH cells. Doesn't totally eliminate it, but slows it down a lot;
supposedly even after 1 year there's still lots of charge left.

David J Taylor

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
[]
> Or use lithium AA's. They're expensive, but if you're only shooting
> sporadically, it won't break the bank, and there's no self-discharge,
> so they'll last for a very, very long time.

But check first if your camera allows Lithium AAs - some don't.

David

wkasimer@comcast.net

Paul Rubin wrote:

> I'd say go to Ritz Camera and get some "Eneloop" cells. They're a new
> type of cell made by Sanyo, that fixes the self-discharge of normal
> NiMH cells. Doesn't totally eliminate it, but slows it down a lot;
> supposedly even after 1 year there's still lots of charge left.

Do they require a special charger, or will my usual NiMH chargers work?

Bill

Paul Rubin

(E-Mail Removed) writes:
> > I'd say go to Ritz Camera and get some "Eneloop" cells. They're a new
> > type of cell made by Sanyo, that fixes the self-discharge of normal
> > NiMH cells. Doesn't totally eliminate it, but slows it down a lot;
> > supposedly even after 1 year there's still lots of charge left.

> Do they require a special charger, or will my usual NiMH chargers work?

Regular chargers work fine.