Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Web gallery software for NEF's

Web gallery software for NEF's

David Masters

Is there any commercial or free software for creating an online
gallery direct from NEF images?

IOW one that, in addition to resizing for thumbs and display size
photos and coding the HTML, will convert RAW to JPEG in a single
operations.

I shoot mostly in RAW and it is tedious to convert to JPEG in a
separate program.

Thanks for any advice.

David Masters

Rudy Benner

"David Masters" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there any commercial or free software for creating an online
> gallery direct from NEF images?
>
> IOW one that, in addition to resizing for thumbs and display size
> photos and coding the HTML, will convert RAW to JPEG in a single
> operations.
>
> I shoot mostly in RAW and it is tedious to convert to JPEG in a
> separate program.
>
> Thanks for any advice.
>
> David Masters

Adobe Photoshop CS2. Not the way I would do it but it works, just tried it.

From Adobe Bridge, select the images you want, go to Tools>Photoshop>Web
Photo Gallery.

Roy G

"David Masters" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there any commercial or free software for creating an online
> gallery direct from NEF images?
>
> IOW one that, in addition to resizing for thumbs and display size
> photos and coding the HTML, will convert RAW to JPEG in a single
> operations.
>
> I shoot mostly in RAW and it is tedious to convert to JPEG in a
> separate program.
>
> Thanks for any advice.
>
> David Masters

If you are going to apply an automatic conversion from NEF to Jpeg then
resize down for Web use, why bother shooting in NEF at all.

Just shoot at the size of Jpeg you want.

Roy G

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 07:50:36 +0930, in rec.photo.digital David Masters
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there any commercial or free software for creating an online
>gallery direct from NEF images?
>
>IOW one that, in addition to resizing for thumbs and display size
>photos and coding the HTML, will convert RAW to JPEG in a single
>operations.
>
>I shoot mostly in RAW and it is tedious to convert to JPEG in a
>separate program.

Tedious, what are you using to convert? Most decent converters have batch
modes that take the tedium out if you're not interested in individually
adjusting each conversion.
--
Ed Ruf ((E-Mail Removed))

Tintack

try http://www.rawphotodesk.com/ It is free and one of the best see it in
use at

http://www.stubberfield.net/langley/index.html

Dave

"David Masters" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there any commercial or free software for creating an online
> gallery direct from NEF images?
>
> IOW one that, in addition to resizing for thumbs and display size
> photos and coding the HTML, will convert RAW to JPEG in a single
> operations.
>
> I shoot mostly in RAW and it is tedious to convert to JPEG in a
> separate program.
>
> Thanks for any advice.
>
> David Masters

Paradox

David Masters wrote:

> Is there any commercial or free software for creating an online
> gallery direct from NEF images?
>
> IOW one that, in addition to resizing for thumbs and display size
> photos and coding the HTML, will convert RAW to JPEG in a single
> operations.
>
> I shoot mostly in RAW and it is tedious to convert to JPEG in a
> separate program.
>
> Thanks for any advice.
>
> David Masters

If you want to batch-process a large number of photos you could try
ImageMagick. It's free and powerful, but runs from the command line.

----
Showcase your photos on http://www.imageoak.com

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 14:16:07 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "Tintack"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>try http://www.rawphotodesk.com/ It is free and one of the best see it in
>use at

Except it's NOT free. So if you can't get that part correct ......
--
Ed Ruf ((E-Mail Removed))

Tintack

must be a yank

"Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 14:16:07 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "Tintack"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>try http://www.rawphotodesk.com/ It is free and one of the best see it in
>>use at

> Except it's NOT free. So if you can't get that part correct ......
> --
> Ed Ruf ((E-Mail Removed))
> http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photog...ral/index.html

Chris Dubea

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 07:50:36 +0930, David Masters
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there any commercial or free software for creating an online
>gallery direct from NEF images?
>
>IOW one that, in addition to resizing for thumbs and display size
>photos and coding the HTML, will convert RAW to JPEG in a single
>operations.
>
>I shoot mostly in RAW and it is tedious to convert to JPEG in a
>separate program.
>
>Thanks for any advice.
>
>David Masters

iMatch will do this although it's not free. It is reasonably priced
at$69.95
Chris

Paul Rubin

David Masters <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Is there any commercial or free software for creating an online
> gallery direct from NEF images?
>
> IOW one that, in addition to resizing for thumbs and display size
> photos and coding the HTML, will convert RAW to JPEG in a single
> operations.

I use a pretty crude python script for generating thumbnail galleries
but I guess I can clean it up and post it. It would be pretty simple
to have it run dcraw to convert nef to jpeg, then generate thumbs from
the jpeg.