Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Passed 70-300 today

Passed 70-300 today

vbquestion@fastmail.fm

No .Net experience.

Tonnes of diagrammatic questions where you have to re-arrange
stuff on the screen, put stuff into ordered lists, like data
flows and er-diagrams.

All I used for study was a bit from MSDN on the Microsoft Solutions
Framework, and the Transcender tests.

Easy stuff people!

Oh, and I didn't get a grade, the testing program just said I passed.

Michael lee

Congratulatons,now all exams about Microsoft don't show
you grade. I think this exam is a little diffcult. Two
months ago, I was failed. I tried it again three weeks ago,
then I passed. Now I become a MCSD.NET

Jay Walters

Congrats - I passed it on my first time go also.

I think the test is a lot easier for experienced devs. A
few years of project experience helps a lot.

However - I wouldn't make a blanket statement about it
being too easy - the test is a .NET exam - however the
focus is really about msft best practives, requirements
gathering, and being able to create a solid app design on
the msft platform.

I assume you've been developing for quite some time
(especially since you stated no .NET xp)

Kyle

Congras!

Does Transcender Exam (70-300) help? How many case
studies? Does it look like 70-100 exam (the old MCSD one)?
Thanks!

vbquestion@fastmail.fm

Yes, Transcender is worth the investment.

3 Case studies - two chunky ones, one smaller.

It is very similar to 70-100, in content and feel.

There is quite a bit of reading for the big case studies,
I found myself referring back a lot to the case when
answering questions. I recommend you read the case quite
lightly first time, then look at the questions, don't bother
trying to take it all in on the first reading.

> Congras!
>
> Does Transcender Exam (70-300) help? How many case
> studies? Does it look like 70-100 exam (the old MCSD one)?
> Thanks!

Scott

Greetings.

I just passed the 70-100 last week and got my MCSD
certification. I've seen the advertisement about the free
exam voucher for 70-300, but I figured I couldn't be
ready for the test fast enough (deadline at the end of
September).

However, reading through this thread makes me think maybe
I could pass 70-300 fairly quickly, especially since I'm
in that "mode".

I've got some experience with ASP.NET and ADO.NET. What
do you think?

Thanks,
Scott

jmd

You should give it a try, after all it's free with the
voucher and even if you don't pass, you'd have an idea of
what the exam looks like!