Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Need camera advice sd memory, aa bat. image stab

Need camera advice sd memory, aa bat. image stab

Bob

I want to replace a Casio QV-R51camera and would like advice. The
features I am looking for are:

Use SD memory (I have 2.5 GB)
AA batteries (absolute must)
3 or more optical zoom
5 or more mega pixel
must have image stabilization (which do you recommend?)
fairly small (must fit in man's shirt pocket)
small shutter lag
hopefully good battery life
fast flash recharge (problem with my Casio)

All suggestions appreciated.
Thanks

Marvin

Bob wrote:
> I want to replace a Casio QV-R51camera and would like advice. The
> features I am looking for are:
>
> Use SD memory (I have 2.5 GB)
> AA batteries (absolute must)
> 3 or more optical zoom
> 5 or more mega pixel
> must have image stabilization (which do you recommend?)
> fairly small (must fit in man's shirt pocket)
> small shutter lag
> hopefully good battery life
> fast flash recharge (problem with my Casio)
>
> All suggestions appreciated.
> Thanks

I recently got a Panasonic DMC-LZ3, with 5 MP, 6X zoom, and
image stabilization. It is a little big to fit comfortably
in a shirt pocket: 3.75 X 2.5 X 1.75". It fits your specs
otherwise.

wkasimer@comcast.net

Bob wrote:

> I want to replace a Casio QV-R51camera and would like advice. The
> features I am looking for are:
>
> Use SD memory (I have 2.5 GB)
> AA batteries (absolute must)
> 3 or more optical zoom
> 5 or more mega pixel
> must have image stabilization (which do you recommend?)
> fairly small (must fit in man's shirt pocket)
> small shutter lag
> hopefully good battery life
> fast flash recharge (problem with my Casio)

I don't know if it's available yet, but it would appear that the Canon
A710 IS might fit your specifications, if it's not too large. You may
have trouble finding a AA battery camera with IS that fits in a shirt
pocket.

Bob

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 12:31:30 -0400, Marvin <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I recently got a Panasonic DMC-LZ3, with 5 MP, 6X zoom, and
>image stabilization. It is a little big to fit comfortably
>in a shirt pocket: 3.75 X 2.5 X 1.75". It fits your specs
>otherwise.

It looks like the size will be OK. How do you like the camera? I am
thinking of the LZ5.