Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > FormView layout

FormView layout

=?Utf-8?B?QnJldA==?=

I have a standard Form View bound to a SQL Data Source with about 30 fields
and it works well and fine.
However I want to change the layout from the standard Vertical View of form
a more easier to read form view where fields are in different sections of
the form and also horizontal. Can this formview be manipulated this way?

Or do I have to not use the form view and just create text boxes, if I have
to create from scratch like this how do I bound this layout to the SQL
datasource so it functions the same as the formview tool.
thank you.

Przemek Ptasznik

Bret napisał(a):
> I have a standard Form View bound to a SQL Data Source with about 30 fields
> and it works well and fine.
> However I want to change the layout from the standard Vertical View of form
> a more easier to read form view where fields are in different sections of
> the form and also horizontal. Can this formview be manipulated this way?

Try to use ControlAdapters.

--
PP

=?Utf-8?B?QWRsYWkgTWFzY2hpYWNo?=

Hi

Did you try to change by hand the display of each and every
<Template> that is constructed by the form view
to customize it to your likings
Myself I usealy I change it right after creation to
a <table> which uses the same AlteringColors as
the gridView to which is connected

אם תשובה זו עזרה לך, א*א הצבע "כן"

If my answer helped you please press "Yes" bellow

Adlai Maschiach
http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/adlaim/

"Bret" wrote:

> I have a standard Form View bound to a SQL Data Source with about 30 fields
> and it works well and fine.
> However I want to change the layout from the standard Vertical View of form
> a more easier to read form view where fields are in different sections of
> the form and also horizontal. Can this formview be manipulated this way?
>
> Or do I have to not use the form view and just create text boxes, if I have
> to create from scratch like this how do I bound this layout to the SQL
> datasource so it functions the same as the formview tool.
> thank you.

=?Utf-8?B?QnJldA==?=

Adlai,
thank you for your reply as Im still very much stuck on this and have a
deadline. What I did was change to "Edit item" mode but it seems the changes
dont stay and are the layout still doesn't line up the way I designed, I must
be doing something wrong.
I would like to try as you mentioned turning it to a table as you said. How
do I accomplish this?