Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Date Stamp

Date Stamp

rdkng97

I have an Olympus C740 camera and have read all the literature provided
and cannot find if you can put a date stamp on the pictures. the
instructions say that the numbers under the pic on the computer tell
the day and time the pics were taken, but I can't find how to get them
to appear on the pics themselves. Any help appreciated.
R.

George K

The date the picture was taken is in the images EXIF metadata. Windows
can displays this information in the Properties window of Windows
Explorer. You have to unselect any selected option for the "Explorer"
bar. Select the "View" option of Windows Explorer's menu bar. From the
drop down list select the "Explorer Bar" option and click on any marked
option to clear the option. Now when you select an image in Windows
Explorer window, a preview image and the date the image was last
modified. If you use the right mouse click for the image and select the
"Properties" option, you will bring up the image's "Properties" window;
now select the "Summary" tab and click the "Advanced>>" button. This
will bring up more EXIF data.

rdkng97 wrote:
> I have an Olympus C740 camera and have read all the literature provided
> and cannot find if you can put a date stamp on the pictures. the
> instructions say that the numbers under the pic on the computer tell
> the day and time the pics were taken, but I can't find how to get them
> to appear on the pics themselves. Any help appreciated.
> R.

m Ransley

I had that issue and found my Canon printer easy print software would
add a date, but to see it in the computer your photo software usualy
temporarily displays it, or can sort by date.