Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > deleting shot seizes 30D

deleting shot seizes 30D

Terry

I am using a Sandisk Ultra II 2GB CF in my Canon 30D. Twice now when I have
been deleting individual shots with the camera "Image Protected" appears on
the LCD and the camera freezes - it just seizes up. (BTW both times I have
already deleted several shots before the problem occurs) I have never
chosen to Protct an image. If I shut the main power switch to OFF the red
light stays on and the camera remains non-functional. I have to remove the
battery from the camera and reinsert it to use it again. I have reformatted
the card several times between the two time that it happened, yet it did
happen a second time. Do I have cause for concern? Any remedy?? I will be
taking the camera to Kenya in November to photograph my new born grandson &
hopefully wildlife as well. I would hate to lose any shots that might be
significant memories. How do I tell if the glitch occured because of the CF
or the camera? Thanks in advance for helpful advice.

--
Terry
Remove the rodent from my email address to reply directly.

Bill Funk

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 21:34:06 -0400, "Terry" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I am using a Sandisk Ultra II 2GB CF in my Canon 30D. Twice now when I have
>been deleting individual shots with the camera "Image Protected" appears on
>the LCD and the camera freezes - it just seizes up. (BTW both times I have
>already deleted several shots before the problem occurs) I have never
>chosen to Protct an image. If I shut the main power switch to OFF the red
>light stays on and the camera remains non-functional. I have to remove the
>battery from the camera and reinsert it to use it again. I have reformatted
>the card several times between the two time that it happened, yet it did
>happen a second time. Do I have cause for concern? Any remedy?? I will be
>taking the camera to Kenya in November to photograph my new born grandson &
>hopefully wildlife as well. I would hate to lose any shots that might be
>significant memories. How do I tell if the glitch occured because of the CF
>or the camera? Thanks in advance for helpful advice.

How to tell if the glitch is card or camera related...
Try another card. If the glitch doesn't re-occur, the problem is
probably in the card.
It's much less expensive to try a new card instead of a new camera,
unless one has a friend with the same model camera.
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"