Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > SD Card Backup Gadget?

SD Card Backup Gadget?

Triple Jumper

John Turco wrote:
> Paul Rubin wrote:
>> Triple Jumper <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>> Having just lost about 2Gb of pictures and videos due to ingress of
>>> sea water, I was wondering if there exists a simple, lightweight
>>> gadget for backing up SD cards while away from any PC.

>> Sea water killed your SD card? Did you make any serious efforts to
>> recover it?

> Hello, Paul:
>
> What did you expect him to do...perform pin-to-pin resuscitatation?
>

> Cordially,
> John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>

Kroll Ontrack managed to recover the card for me - only about 6 broken
JPEGS. I won't tell you how much it cost - it makes me sound like
someone who doesn't care about money. But they had a good reputation
and they're local.

TJ

John Turco

Triple Jumper wrote:

> John Turco wrote:
> > Paul Rubin wrote:
> >> Sea water killed your SD card? Did you make any serious efforts to
> >> recover it?

> > Hello, Paul:
> >
> > What did you expect him to do...perform pin-to-pin resuscitatation?
> >

> > Cordially,
> > John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>

> Kroll Ontrack managed to recover the card for me - only about 6 broken
> JPEGS. I won't tell you how much it cost - it makes me sound like
> someone who doesn't care about money. But they had a good reputation
> and they're local.
>
> TJ

Hello, TJ:

That's great news -- thanks, for sharing it with us!

Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>