Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon 30Dand Pentax M42 lens question

Canon 30Dand Pentax M42 lens question

joe mama

hi,

i just got an m42 to EOS adapter, and am going to use my SMC 50mm 1.4 SMC
lens with my Canon, but have a question.

whereas, if you shoot the m42 with a spotmatic, you leave the lens on
"auto", turn the meter on, meter, then sut the meter off, and you are
looking thru the f 1.4 lens. but what about with this setup? am i going to
have to put the lens on "manual" and leave it there? does it hurt the lens
to be switching back and forth between he two while mounted?

thanks

Pete D

"joe mama" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi,
>
> i just got an m42 to EOS adapter, and am going to use my SMC 50mm 1.4 SMC
> lens with my Canon, but have a question.
>
> whereas, if you shoot the m42 with a spotmatic, you leave the lens on
> "auto", turn the meter on, meter, then sut the meter off, and you are
> looking thru the f 1.4 lens. but what about with this setup? am i going to
> have to put the lens on "manual" and leave it there? does it hurt the lens
> to be switching back and forth between he two while mounted?
>
> thanks

Being an M42 I think it will be manual all the way and the lens will not
mind.

POTD.com.au

"joe mama" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi,
>
> i just got an m42 to EOS adapter, and am going to use my SMC 50mm 1.4 SMC
> lens with my Canon, but have a question.
>
> whereas, if you shoot the m42 with a spotmatic, you leave the lens on
> "auto", turn the meter on, meter, then sut the meter off, and you are
> looking thru the f 1.4 lens. but what about with this setup? am i going to
> have to put the lens on "manual" and leave it there? does it hurt the lens
> to be switching back and forth between he two while mounted?
>
> thanks

Leave it in manual as suggested, but focus wide open and then shut down for
the shot.