Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Books and resources for exam 70-100

Books and resources for exam 70-100

Chris Kennedy

I am studying for the MCSD (the non .net stuff) and was wondering if
anyone can point me to books and resources to get started on the
70-100 exam. There are very few books out. I know it is old exam but I
didn't want to jump in at the deep end with .net.

Grok

I'm having same problem, as everything I run is Windows 2000
Professional or Windows 2003 Server, there is nowhere I can install
MTS to refresh my memory on the old defaults and settings. With COM+,
we have Component Services.

However, I do want to get the old MCSD before MS stops giving it to
anyone, as it hints at longevity and seniority in Windows programming.
As someone else on this newsgroup suggested, having MCSD and MCSD.NET
can make it appear you have been around much longer than other people.