Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Win XP and replacement for MGI Photosuite 4

Win XP and replacement for MGI Photosuite 4

NOTvalid@Queensbridge.us

On my Win ME computer I was very happy with MGI Photosuite 4

I recently got Win XP w/SP2.

I would normally want to install MGI on it,
but read that SP2 on WIn XP might cause problems.

I need to be able to:

crop,

touch up too lite or too dark

add text

compose

remove green screen or blue screen background and put subject on new
background.

All above I can do w/MGI on my Win ME

Anyone have suggetsions?

Please reply in NG

------------
Incredibly low long distance phone rates. As low as USA-Canada 1.9CPM!
Works as
prepaid phone card. PIN not needed for calls from home or cell phone.
Compare
the rates at https://www.OneSuite.com No monthly fee or minimum. Use
Promotion/SuiteTreat Code: "FREEoffer23" for FREE time.
Altho from USA payphones there is a connection fee, there is NONE from
other
phones or Canadian payphones. Also works FROM many other countries.

Bob Williams

> On my Win ME computer I was very happy with MGI Photosuite 4
>
> I recently got Win XP w/SP2.
>
> I would normally want to install MGI on it,
> but read that SP2 on WIn XP might cause problems.
>
> I need to be able to:
>
> crop,
>
> touch up too lite or too dark
>
> add text
>
> compose
>
> remove green screen or blue screen background and put subject on new
> background.
>
> All above I can do w/MGI on my Win ME
>
> Anyone have suggetsions?
>
> Please reply in NG
>

> ------------
> Incredibly low long distance phone rates. As low as USA-Canada 1.9CPM!
> Works as
> prepaid phone card. PIN not needed for calls from home or cell phone.
> Compare
> the rates at https://www.OneSuite.com No monthly fee or minimum. Use
> Promotion/SuiteTreat Code: "FREEoffer23" for FREE time.
> Altho from USA payphones there is a connection fee, there is NONE from
> other
> phones or Canadian payphones. Also works FROM many other countries.

Just Install Photosuite 4 on Xp and see if your fears are warranted.
If they are, just uninstall PS4 and get on with your life.
Then consider the current version of Photosuite or Photoshop Elements V 4.0
Bob Williams

Paul Heslop

Bob Williams wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > On my Win ME computer I was very happy with MGI Photosuite 4
> >
> > I recently got Win XP w/SP2.
> >
> > I would normally want to install MGI on it,
> > but read that SP2 on WIn XP might cause problems.
> >
> > I need to be able to:
> >
> > crop,
> >
> > touch up too lite or too dark
> >
> > add text
> >
> > compose
> >
> > remove green screen or blue screen background and put subject on new
> > background.
> >
> > All above I can do w/MGI on my Win ME
> >
> > Anyone have suggetsions?
> >
> > Please reply in NG
> >

> > ------------
> > Incredibly low long distance phone rates. As low as USA-Canada 1.9CPM!
> > Works as
> > prepaid phone card. PIN not needed for calls from home or cell phone.
> > Compare
> > the rates at https://www.OneSuite.com No monthly fee or minimum. Use
> > Promotion/SuiteTreat Code: "FREEoffer23" for FREE time.
> > Altho from USA payphones there is a connection fee, there is NONE from
> > other
> > phones or Canadian payphones. Also works FROM many other countries.

> Just Install Photosuite 4 on Xp and see if your fears are warranted.
> If they are, just uninstall PS4 and get on with your life.
> Then consider the current version of Photosuite or Photoshop Elements V 4.0
> Bob Williams

I agree about the install, it won't do any harm and might do some
good, but I'll add Paintshop Pro to the list of progs as a
replacement.
--
Paul (Neurotic to the bone No doubt about it)
Stop and Look

jeremy

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> On my Win ME computer I was very happy with MGI Photosuite 4
>
> I recently got Win XP w/SP2.
>
> I would normally want to install MGI on it,
> but read that SP2 on WIn XP might cause problems.
>
> I need to be able to:
>
> crop,
>
> touch up too lite or too dark
>
> add text
>
> compose
>
> remove green screen or blue screen background and put subject on new
> background.
>
> All above I can do w/MGI on my Win ME
>
> Anyone have suggetsions?
>
> Please reply in NG
>

> ------------
> Incredibly low long distance phone rates. As low as USA-Canada 1.9CPM!
> Works as
> prepaid phone card. PIN not needed for calls from home or cell phone.
> Compare
> the rates at https://www.OneSuite.com No monthly fee or minimum. Use
> Promotion/SuiteTreat Code: "FREEoffer23" for FREE time.
> Altho from USA payphones there is a connection fee, there is NONE from
> other
> phones or Canadian payphones. Also works FROM many other countries.

Paint Shop Pro X

Has one-step photo correction, plus all the manual adjustments you could
ever want.

Easy learning curve.

Free 30 day trial. Download at Corel web site.

MGI version 4 runs fine on my XP SP2. Later versions by Roxie suck.
Old Bob

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> MGI version 4 runs fine on my XP SP2. Later versions by Roxie suck.
> Old Bob

Thanks, I had seen that newer version were not as good.

Otherwise getting update version would have been the obvious answer

I see same thing with other pgms, sometimes newer versions are not as
good.

I had also considered GIMP for photo editing as I like the idea of open
source.

What I don't like is the work files of one photo editor [in MGI's case,
..PZP files] apparently not usable in any other photo editing software.
Is this the case with all photo editors? If so that certainly could be
problematic as one advances thru newer hardwqre and OS's

NOTvalid@Queensbridge.us

UPDATE

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> MGI version 4 runs fine on my XP SP2. Later versions by Roxie suck.
> Old Bob

I installed on my Win Xp SP 2

It runs perfectly.

Thanks a lot for your info.

I prefer not to install and un-install as I sometimes think stuff is
left in registry and elsewhere

Paul Heslop

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > MGI version 4 runs fine on my XP SP2. Later versions by Roxie suck.
> > Old Bob

> Thanks, I had seen that newer version were not as good.
>
> Otherwise getting update version would have been the obvious answer
>
> I see same thing with other pgms, sometimes newer versions are not as
> good.
>
> I had also considered GIMP for photo editing as I like the idea of open
> source.
>
> What I don't like is the work files of one photo editor [in MGI's case,
> .PZP files] apparently not usable in any other photo editing software.
> Is this the case with all photo editors? If so that certainly could be
> problematic as one advances thru newer hardwqre and OS's

I guess most people try to select one which most programs use, such as
TIFF or JPG or BMP. I think a few of them have their own and will try
to get you to use that one first
--

Paul Heslop wrote:
> I guess most people try to select one which most programs use, such as
> TIFF or JPG or BMP. I think a few of them have their own and will try
> to get you to use that one first

what I mean is the "work" files that you can modify later on.
So if I create a postcard and a month later I want to change some text
I can change just that one line by opening that work file.

With MGI PS it is a ".PZP" file

Paul Heslop

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Paul Heslop wrote:
> > I guess most people try to select one which most programs use, such as
> > TIFF or JPG or BMP. I think a few of them have their own and will try
> > to get you to use that one first

> what I mean is the "work" files that you can modify later on.
> So if I create a postcard and a month later I want to change some text
> I can change just that one line by opening that work file.
>
> With MGI PS it is a ".PZP" file

yeah, their own files i think, and it would be awkward as obviously
they have to retain all data, such as text and layers etc.
--
Paul (Neurotic to the bone No doubt about it)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

MGI Photosuite 4 reinstall w.j. strandquist Software 3 09-01-2009 03:45 PM
Q; MGI Photosuite 4 business edition MES Jones Digital Photography 0 01-22-2008 07:19 AM
mgi ally12 Software 0 01-14-2008 01:27 PM
Comparison of web technologies - MGI vs ASP.NET =?Utf-8?B?Q2xlYWtv?= ASP .Net 2 12-07-2005 07:26 PM

Advertisments