Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Strap or Hitch to Hold Camera for Quick Access

Strap or Hitch to Hold Camera for Quick Access

HKEK

I am looking for a device to hold a small digital camera (Canon
Powershot A520) securely but allowing quick access. At one time,
someone described to me a device he called a "Cuban Hitch" which was
some sort of strap arrangement that held the camera tightly against the
center of one's chest. The camera could be removed quickly for use and
then returned for secure transport.

In my application, I will be mountain biking so there will be
significant bouncing around. Currently, I carry the camera in my
backpack but that limits the amount of "spontaneous" images that I can
grab.

Joseph Meehan

HKEK wrote:
> I am looking for a device to hold a small digital camera (Canon
> Powershot A520) securely but allowing quick access. At one time,
> someone described to me a device he called a "Cuban Hitch" which was
> some sort of strap arrangement that held the camera tightly against
> the center of one's chest. The camera could be removed quickly for
> use and then returned for secure transport.
>
> In my application, I will be mountain biking so there will be
> significant bouncing around. Currently, I carry the camera in my
> backpack but that limits the amount of "spontaneous" images that I can
> grab.

Check:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

I have seen others as well.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Mr. G D Geen

HKEK wrote:
> I am looking for a device to hold a small digital camera (Canon
> Powershot A520) securely but allowing quick access. At one time,
> someone described to me a device he called a "Cuban Hitch" which was
> some sort of strap arrangement that held the camera tightly against the
> center of one's chest. The camera could be removed quickly for use and
> then returned for secure transport.
>
> In my application, I will be mountain biking so there will be
> significant bouncing around. Currently, I carry the camera in my
> backpack but that limits the amount of "spontaneous" images that I can
> grab.

I have seen the "Cuban Hitch" advertised before but I never used one. I
just sling a strap across my chest and swing the camera up when I want a
photo. This works for me but I am not out on a Mt. bike. Just be
careful, I wound up with a steel rod in the leg because I was careless
on my mt. bike.

-G

Frank ess

HKEK wrote:
> I am looking for a device to hold a small digital camera (Canon
> Powershot A520) securely but allowing quick access. At one time,
> someone described to me a device he called a "Cuban Hitch" which was
> some sort of strap arrangement that held the camera tightly against
> the center of one's chest. The camera could be removed quickly for
> use and then returned for secure transport.
>
> In my application, I will be mountain biking so there will be
> significant bouncing around. Currently, I carry the camera in my
> backpack but that limits the amount of "spontaneous" images that I
> can
> grab.

Depending on the weight of your camera, you might look at the runners'
sports radio arrangements that strap to the upper part of an arm.
Likely less subject to direct shocks, and pretty accessible.

I have a chest strap with two velcroŽ closures: one mounts the large
strap, and one clamps the camera to the large strap. It works good
with a dSLR on foot, so I reckon the scale of stress to weight on a
small camera would render it into the useful zone on a bike. It's
somebody-name strap but I don't remember what it's called. Cost under
$ten at B&H, probably remaindered.

Aha! Here it is: LoweProŽ DEWITT STRAP.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation
OR