Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > My pictures

My pictures

Chris Macnamara

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chris.m...otundpictures/

I have posted a few of my best pictures on my site. I'd be keen to get some
constructive criticism of them, please.

I'm not looking to just hear that they are quite nice or whatever, but more
to ask you guys how I could have improved them, and where I am not getting
potentially the best shot.

Hope you enjoy them, and thanks for having a look.

Chris

Tim

> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chris.m...otundpictures/
>

> I have posted a few of my best pictures on my site. I'd be keen to
> get some constructive criticism of them, please.
>
> I'm not looking to just hear that they are quite nice or whatever,
> but more to ask you guys how I could have improved them, and where I
> am not getting potentially the best shot.
>
> Hope you enjoy them, and thanks for having a look.
>

> Chris

Hi Chris

Some nice pictures in there, I'm afraid I can't really comment as I'm a rank
amature!
It's really nice to see some different shots of La Pedrera & the Sagrada
Familia, are you an Architect or a Gaudi fan?
And you have a Frank Gehry in there! nice shot too
I really like the look of Cow1 although some people might have a go about
the composition but it works for me
Here's my site, if you're interested there's some architectural stuff in
there

http://www.timdenning.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Best regards

Tim

Adrian Boliston

"Chris Macnamara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CkkHg.9726$(E-Mail Removed)...

> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chris.m...otundpictures/
>

> I have posted a few of my best pictures on my site. I'd be keen to get
> some constructive criticism of them, please.
>
> I'm not looking to just hear that they are quite nice or whatever, but
> more to ask you guys how I could have improved them, and where I am not
> getting potentially the best shot.
>
> Hope you enjoy them, and thanks for having a look.

Nice pics, I like that weired building in Prague which looks like it's been
tweaked in Photoshop but it's real! - But it would be interesting to see the
exif info. Have you thought about getting an online photo account like
pbase? Here you can view people's galleries and learn from the settings
they use like F number, shutter speed, ISO etc, and each photo shows which
lens & body were used.

Cheers Adrian - www.boliston.co.uk

Chris Macnamara

>> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chris.m...otundpictures/
>>

>> I have posted a few of my best pictures on my site. I'd be keen to
>> get some constructive criticism of them, please.
>>
>> I'm not looking to just hear that they are quite nice or whatever,
>> but more to ask you guys how I could have improved them, and where I
>> am not getting potentially the best shot.
>>
>> Hope you enjoy them, and thanks for having a look.
>>

>> Chris

> Hi Chris
>
> Some nice pictures in there, I'm afraid I can't really comment as I'm a
> rank amature!
> It's really nice to see some different shots of La Pedrera & the Sagrada
> Familia, are you an Architect or a Gaudi fan?
> And you have a Frank Gehry in there! nice shot too
> I really like the look of Cow1 although some people might have a go about
> the composition but it works for me
> Here's my site, if you're interested there's some architectural stuff in
> there
>
> http://www.timdenning.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
>
> Best regards
>
> Tim

Tim, don't know what I am if you're a rank amature! San Franciso looks like
a fantastic place to visit from your shots. The Street section is my
favourite, and of course the GG bridge, not really cliched at all. How else
do you shoot something as universally familiar as that?

Not an architect, I wish, but yes Gaudi is a bit of a fascination of mine.
Parc Guell was fantasic, but any shots I took there were fairly poor. Going
back in September, so I'll try again.

Frank Gehry, who's he? Had no idea until I saw your reply, did a google
images search and discovered he also did that big bronze fish/whale
sculpture near the beach in Barcelona. You learn something new every day.

Thanks for your response.

Chris

Chris Macnamara

>> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chris.m...otundpictures/
>>

>> I have posted a few of my best pictures on my site. I'd be keen to get
>> some constructive criticism of them, please.
>>
>> I'm not looking to just hear that they are quite nice or whatever, but
>> more to ask you guys how I could have improved them, and where I am not
>> getting potentially the best shot.
>>
>> Hope you enjoy them, and thanks for having a look.

> Nice pics, I like that weired building in Prague which looks like it's
> been tweaked in Photoshop but it's real! - But it would be interesting to
> see the exif info. Have you thought about getting an online photo account
> like pbase? Here you can view people's galleries and learn from the
> settings they use like F number, shutter speed, ISO etc, and each photo
> shows which lens & body were used.
>
> Cheers Adrian - www.boliston.co.uk

Adrian, at the same time as posting this site I have started using
Shutterchance photo blog site. However, I can only post one picture per day
there, an it shows the exif info (I guess that's what BLOGs are about?). I
will post the address when there is anything worth looking at.

Glad you liked the dancing house.

Chris

Ron Hunter

Chris Macnamara wrote:
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chris.m...otundpictures/
>

> I have posted a few of my best pictures on my site. I'd be keen to get some
> constructive criticism of them, please.
>
> I'm not looking to just hear that they are quite nice or whatever, but more
> to ask you guys how I could have improved them, and where I am not getting
> potentially the best shot.
>
> Hope you enjoy them, and thanks for having a look.
>

> Chris

Nice. And where is the 'dancing house'? One of the strangest
structures I have ever seen, and I bet it cost a LOT to build.

Chris Macnamara

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chris.m...otundpictures/

>> I have posted a few of my best pictures on my site. I'd be keen to get
>> some constructive criticism of them, please.
>>
>> I'm not looking to just hear that they are quite nice or whatever, but
>> more to ask you guys how I could have improved them, and where I am not
>> getting potentially the best shot.
>>
>> Hope you enjoy them, and thanks for having a look.
>>

>> Chris

> Nice. And where is the 'dancing house'? One of the strangest structures
> I have ever seen, and I bet it cost a LOT to build.

It's in Prague, right by the river, on the south side of the city.

DAVE PRICE

"Chris Macnamara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:UUyHg.13206$(E-Mail Removed)...

> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chris.m...otundpictures/
>>>

>>> I have posted a few of my best pictures on my site. I'd be keen to get
>>> some constructive criticism of them, please.
>>>
>>> I'm not looking to just hear that they are quite nice or whatever, but
>>> more to ask you guys how I could have improved them, and where I am not
>>> getting potentially the best shot.
>>>
>>> Hope you enjoy them, and thanks for having a look.
>>>

>>> Chris

>> Nice. And where is the 'dancing house'? One of the strangest structures
>> I have ever seen, and I bet it cost a LOT to build.

> It's in Prague, right by the river, on the south side of the city.

One of my favourite Cities
DAVE
http://djmp.co.uk/bvp/prague.htm
http://djmp.co.uk/slr%201/