Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > resize multiple pictures

resize multiple pictures

tituphome@hotmail.com

After I have burned all the huge sized pictures from my camera to a CD,
I would like to re-size all of them-say 100 photos) down to a smaller
size. any software I have you have to do them one at at time which is
very time consuming. Is there any software that can resize multiple
photos at once?

TheNewsGuy(Mike)

> After I have burned all the huge sized pictures from my camera to a CD,
> I would like to re-size all of them-say 100 photos) down to a smaller
> size. any software I have you have to do them one at at time which is
> very time consuming. Is there any software that can resize multiple
> photos at once?

I use Irfanview (freeware) and batch a whole lot of images from one
directory to re-sized ones in another, or the same directory.
http://www.irfanview.com/

--
Seinfeld Lists http://tinyurl.com/f7k9d
California Photos http://tinyurl.com/ann2l

John

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> After I have burned all the huge sized pictures from my camera to a CD,
> I would like to re-size all of them-say 100 photos) down to a smaller
> size. any software I have you have to do them one at at time which is
> very time consuming. Is there any software that can resize multiple
> photos at once?

If you are running Windows XP, you can download for free the PowerToy that
lets you right-click on any number of pictures in a folder (or a folder) and
almost instantly transform them into smaller sizes.

Go here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx
Click on "resizer" in the right column.

Be happy

Now, if you want sharpening and other stuff.... others will chime in! (I use
CS2)

Eric Babula

"TheNewsGuy(Mike)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:da03b$44e9e14b$cf70425c$(E-Mail Removed):

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> After I have burned all the huge sized pictures from my camera to
>> a CD, I would like to re-size all of them-say 100 photos) down to
>> a smaller size. any software I have you have to do them one at at
>> time which is very time consuming. Is there any software that can
>> resize multiple photos at once?
>>

> I use Irfanview (freeware) and batch a whole lot of images from one
> directory to re-sized ones in another, or the same directory.
> http://www.irfanview.com/

Yep, Irfanview is the way to go.

Good luck!

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Pete

On 21 Aug 2006 09:33:38 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> After I have burned all the huge sized pictures from my camera to a CD,
> I would like to re-size all of them-say 100 photos) down to a smaller
> size. any software I have you have to do them one at at time which is
> very time consuming. Is there any software that can resize multiple
> photos at once?

JpegSizer is a great tool, especially if you want to do other things at the
same time as the resizing, such as re-sharpening, adding captions,
emailing, building a web gallery, etc.

Free trial available here:

http://www.tangotools.com/jpegsizer/?s=ng

HTH

Pete

bitwisebob

On 21 Aug 2006 09:33:38 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>After I have burned all the huge sized pictures from my camera to a CD,
>I would like to re-size all of them-say 100 photos) down to a smaller
>size. any software I have you have to do them one at at time which is
>very time consuming. Is there any software that can resize multiple
>photos at once?

acdsee
http://www.acdsee.com/

or old versions from
http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=acdsee

---
Bob Anderson*Bitwisebob
Eugene Oregon

Don Wiss

On 21 Aug 2006 09:33:38 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>After I have burned all the huge sized pictures from my camera to a CD,
>I would like to re-size all of them-say 100 photos) down to a smaller
>size. any software I have you have to do them one at at time which is
>very time consuming. Is there any software that can resize multiple
>photos at once?

I resize multiple pictures using Easy Thumbnails from www.fookes.com. It is
freeware. I use the command line mode. My calling program has an algorithm
to calculate how much to resize each based on height. (I can read its pixel
dimensions.) Since I losslessly crop using jpegcrop, the number of pixels
in a dimension is always a multiple of 8, or maybe 16. I like to downsize
in 1/8's, or 1/16's if the dimensions are divisible by 16. I think I get a
better picture this way.

You can simply open up Easy Thumbnails and use it to do a bunch at a time
if you want to simply set a maximum dimension.