Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Photographers are loners?

Photographers are loners?

Bill K

John McWilliams wrote:
> Bill K wrote:
> > SkipM wrote:
> >> "Bill K" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> >>>
> >> Well, you'd have to be as good a photographer as she is, edit all of the
> >> images from weddings, do our marketing, go on meetings with me with clients.
> >> Oh, and can you cook?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Skip Middleton
> >> www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

> > Uh oh. Well, I can cook. . .1 out of 5?

> Wanted: Good woman with boat and motor who can cook, clean fish, and do
> dishes.
>
> Send picture of boat.
>
> --
> john mcwilliams

Absolutely. You see those type of ads all the time in Louisiana
--
Bill in Lake Charles

nobody

On 21 Aug 2006 04:46:16 GMT, doopydoo wrote:
> it's just an observation but i see a majority die hard photographers are
> loners

Maybe yes -- maybe no. At least they are not anus-dwelling trolls.

John McWilliams

Bill K wrote:
> John McWilliams wrote:
>>
>> Wanted: Good woman with boat and motor who can cook, clean fish, and do
>> dishes.
>>
>> Send picture of boat.
>>

> Absolutely. You see those type of ads all the time in Louisiana.

The one I was thinking of appeared in the Lookout Mtn. Prospect about
20 years ago.....

Say, you've got the sig right, but doesn't your ISP afford a decent news
feed?

It'd be quicker, easier oncet ya git the hang o'it.

--
john mcwilliams

Bill K

John McWilliams wrote:
> Bill K wrote:
> > John McWilliams wrote:
> >>
> >> Wanted: Good woman with boat and motor who can cook, clean fish, and do
> >> dishes.
> >>
> >> Send picture of boat.
> >>

> > Absolutely. You see those type of ads all the time in Louisiana.

> The one I was thinking of appeared in the Lookout Mtn. Prospect about
> 20 years ago.....
>
> Say, you've got the sig right, but doesn't your ISP afford a decent news
> feed?
>
> It'd be quicker, easier oncet ya git the hang o'it.
>
> --
> john mcwilliams

Thanks John, I've downloaded Thunderbird but haven't taken the time to
learn to use it. I'll check my ISP.
Cheers
--
Bill in Lake Charles

Scotius

On 21 Aug 2006 04:46:16 GMT, doopydoo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>it's just an observation but i see a majority die hard photographers are
>loners

I rode up to this girl downtown once, on my bike. We conversed
for a bit and she said "Ah, a loner", and I said "Nah, I own it".

Scotius

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 20:40:34 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2010-07-15 14:41:27 -0700, Scotius <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>> On 21 Aug 2006 04:46:16 GMT, doopydoo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> it's just an observation but i see a majority die hard photographers are
>>> loners

>> I rode up to this girl downtown once, on my bike. We conversed
>> for a bit and she said "Ah, a loner", and I said "Nah, I own it".

>Still digging up ancient threads?
>This one started 4 years ago.

I use a newsreader for my newsgroups, and I just subscribed to
this group a couple weeks or so ago.
Whoever has the server that I get the groups from has a very
long retention time, especially for text newsgroups, and if I recall
correctly, the first messages I was sifting through were from 2005.
There were still a lot of relevant messages from that time
though, so I've sifted through carefully to get what I can that might
benefit a camera user new to DSLRs, and fairly new to photography in
general, although I do manage to take some good shots for a local
magazine which I work for.
I don't mean to dredge up old threads, but I do occassionally
see something interesting or funny and decide to reply to it.
This will be greatly lessened now, at least on this group,
since I finally just finished getting to the last of the available
messages on it.

Scotius

On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 12:57:36 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
>drugs began to take hold. I remember Savageduck
><savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> saying something like:
>
>>> I rode up to this girl downtown once, on my bike. We conversed
>>> for a bit and she said "Ah, a loner", and I said "Nah, I own it".

>>Still digging up ancient threads?
>>This one started 4 years ago.

>The Institution has a very slow connection.

Did I ruin your day by replying to an old thread Grimly?