Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Long march of development:the noise.

Long march of development:the noise.

tiresia2@hotmail.it

at 400 asa;see here:

Panasonic fz3.....,jul 04:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PROD.../FZ3LL4003.HTM

Panasonic fz7.....,jan 06
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PROD.../FZ7LL4003.HTM

Canon a80.....aug 03
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PROD.../A80LL4003.HTM

Canon a530.....feb 06
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PROD...A530LL4003.HTM

Sony V1.....feb 03
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PROD...S/V1LL4003.HTM

Sony W50.....feb 06
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PROD...W50LL04003.HTM

It's a long way to typperary...
hi

tiresia2@hotmail.it

> Sony W50.....feb 06
> http://www.imaging-resource.com/PROD...W50LL04003.HTM

Ah,i forgot :
Sony F707.....aug 2001!!
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PROD...S/F7LL4003.HTM

hihihihi..

lubecki@hotmail.com

> > Sony W50.....feb 06
> > http://www.imaging-resource.com/PROD...W50LL04003.HTM
> >

> Ah,i forgot :
> Sony F707.....aug 2001!!
> http://www.imaging-resource.com/PROD...S/F7LL4003.HTM
>

> hihihihi..

Well, what did you expect? Newer cameras have the same size sensors as
older cameras, but more pixels - of course you're gonna get more noise.
That's not really surprising.

-Gniewko

tiresia2@hotmail.it

> Well, what did you expect? Newer cameras have the same size sensors as
> older cameras, but more pixels - of course you're gonna get more noise.
> That's not really surprising.
>
> -Gniewko

Yes,and that's a problem...5 years of new technology and and much more
bad image...it's a disaster....Agree?hi

Rob-L

Fuji is getting there I think.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PROD...E900LL4003.HTM

Rob-L in L.V.

---*

lubecki@hotmail.com

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> > Well, what did you expect? Newer cameras have the same size sensors as
> > older cameras, but more pixels - of course you're gonna get more noise.
> > That's not really surprising.
> >
> > -Gniewko

> Yes,and that's a problem...5 years of new technology and and much more
> bad image...it's a disaster....Agree?hi

Well, no matter how much technology progresses, you can't break the
laws of physics. Higher resolution means smaller pixels, which means
that each pixel gets fewer photons, which means more noise. There isn't
anything that camera manufacturers can do to really get rid of the
noise, except maybe start cooling the sensor.

They can of course apply noise reduction algorithms, but that causes
its own problems. Personally, I prefer the camera to do very little
noise reduction. I would rather have a noisy picture with more detail,
than a picture without noise and without detail. I can always clean up
a noisy picture on the computer.

In-camera noise reduction sucks anyway, because it's always compromised
by the need for speed. When you do noise reduction on your computer,
it's OK if processing one picture takes 10 seconds. But such a lag
would be absolutely unacceptable for a camera. So noise reduction on
the computer will always be better than noise reduction in the camera.

-Gniewko

David J Taylor

Most of the noise here comes from you!

I hope you are very happy now you have ruined Fuji's reputation.

David

John Turco

David J Taylor wrote:

> Most of the noise here comes from you!
>
> I hope you are very happy now you have ruined Fuji's reputation.
>
> David

Hello, David:

What reputation? :-J

Cordially,