Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Create the illusion of depth in landscape photography

Create the illusion of depth in landscape photography

newcamz.blogspot.com

Create the illusion of depth in landscape photography
by Jeff Wignall

"The lack of a third dimension means it's up to you to create a
believable illusion of distance in your photographs."

http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?o...article=041006

Cheers!
http://newcamz.blogspot.com

stauffer@usfamily.net

newcamz.blogspot.com wrote:
> Create the illusion of depth in landscape photography
> by Jeff Wignall
>
> "The lack of a third dimension means it's up to you to create a
> believable illusion of distance in your photographs."
>
> http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?o...article=041006
>
> Cheers!
> http://newcamz.blogspot.com

One of the little-talked-about depth perception clues is the change in
scale of texture from foreground to background. This can add to a
photo. Adams frequently emphasized this. One way is to use a low
camera vantage point so grass or whatever ground texture is emphasized
in the photo. I didn't see this discussed much at that site, so
thought I'd mention it.

bmoag

This has been a topic that has been studied and discussed since the
Renaissance--sfumato anyone?
Composition alone is not enough and often the least important element.