Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > question for lumix fz30 users (with a manual might help)

question for lumix fz30 users (with a manual might help)

bruin70@mail.com

on pg.83, it tells you how to fine tune all the WB setting by sliding a
rule on a red/blue scale. i have tried to access that setting and
cannot do so, following exactly the steps they suggest. are they
mistaken or am i missing something? i cannot find a WB adjust anywhere.

mark.thomas.7@gmail.com

> on pg.83, it tells you how to fine tune all the WB setting by sliding a
> rule on a red/blue scale. i have tried to access that setting and
> cannot do so, following exactly the steps they suggest. are they
> mistaken or am i missing something? i cannot find a WB adjust anywhere.

I'm not a FZ30 owner, but not having the required experience has never
stopped me before... (O;

I would suggest that this function is *only* available in some modes,
and almost certainly isn't available in fully Auto mode.. Ie, try A,
S, M, or P modes as available/applicable.

bruin70@mail.com

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I would suggest that this function is *only* available in some modes,
> and almost certainly isn't available in fully Auto mode.. Ie, try A,
> S, M, or P modes as available/applicable.

no luck. i only use A or P, but that function doesn't pull up in any
mode.
thx

mark.thomas.7@gmail.com

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> no luck. i only use A or P, but that function doesn't pull up in any
> mode.
> thx

Probably no help, but Imaging Resource says:
"You can fine-tune the white balance by adding more red or blue to the
color balance in all of the modes except Auto, using the WB Adjust
feature (accessed by pressing the up arrow of the arrow pad until WB
Adjust appears on the LCD monitor)."

The only other things I can suggest - are you shooting in some sort of
RAW only mode? That also might disable the setting.

Otherwise, await another FZ30 owner and ignore me.. (O:

bruin70@mail.com

believe it or not,,,you helped and i found it. the wording in the
manual is HORRID, and it implies that i must get into the wb settings
through the menu,,FIRST and then hit the ^. after reading what you
quoted, it dawned on me to try the ^ without going into the color
menus.

thanks

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> believe it or not,,,you helped and i found it. the wording in the
> manual is HORRID, and it implies that i must get into the wb settings
> through the menu,,FIRST and then hit the ^. after reading what you
> quoted, it dawned on me to try the ^ without going into the color
> menus.

heheh -don't you hate it when the solution is a simpler approach!
Happens to me all the time...

> thanks

glad to be of service (O:

bruin70@mail.com

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> heheh -don't you hate it when the solution is a simpler approach!
> Happens to me all the time...
>
> > thanks

> glad to be of service (O:

i hate it more that "they" don't realize the simple approach is better.

Dennis Pogson

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> believe it or not,,,you helped and i found it. the wording in the
> manual is HORRID, and it implies that i must get into the wb settings
> through the menu,,FIRST and then hit the ^. after reading what you
> quoted, it dawned on me to try the ^ without going into the color
> menus.
>
> thanks
>

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> Probably no help, but Imaging Resource says:
>> "You can fine-tune the white balance by adding more red or blue to
>> the color balance in all of the modes except Auto, using the WB
>> Adjust feature (accessed by pressing the up arrow of the arrow pad
>> until WB Adjust appears on the LCD monitor)."
>>
>> The only other things I can suggest - are you shooting in some sort
>> of RAW only mode? That also might disable the setting.
>>
>> Otherwise, await another FZ30 owner and ignore me.. (O:

Had the same problem with my FZ20. It took about 3 months of reading and
re-reading the manual to find this one. I have re-written the manual in the
sort of English that I can understand. Would suggest you do the same!

The "up" arrow on the back has several functions and small diagramatic
icon(s) which I am trying to learn. Maybe in a few year's time I will be
able to remember them!

Dennis.

Dennis Pogson

Dennis Pogson wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> believe it or not,,,you helped and i found it. the wording in the
>> manual is HORRID, and it implies that i must get into the wb settings
>> through the menu,,FIRST and then hit the ^. after reading what you
>> quoted, it dawned on me to try the ^ without going into the color
>> menus.
>>
>> thanks

Just a tip. You can find the operation of most digital cameras better
described in one of Dave Etchell's excellent reviews, e.g.-

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/FZ30/FZ30A9.HTM

I usually print out the relevant pages and use these in place of the
operating manual.

Dennis.