Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Olympus D-595 Zoom-No image

Olympus D-595 Zoom-No image

Michael Monk

When camera is powered on, and aimed at something, NO image shows on the
monitor.

Also, in playback mode, no picture image shows on monitor after supposedly
shooting some pix.

Any ideas as to what makes this happen? Condition is present whether using
internal mem or xd 512 Oly card.

Dennis Pogson

Michael Monk wrote:
> When camera is powered on, and aimed at something, NO image shows on
> the monitor.
>
> Also, in playback mode, no picture image shows on monitor after
> supposedly shooting some pix.
>
> Any ideas as to what makes this happen? Condition is present whether
> using internal mem or xd 512 Oly card.

Remove the lens cap.

Paul Heslop

Michael Monk wrote:

> When camera is powered on, and aimed at something, NO image shows on the
> monitor.
>
> Also, in playback mode, no picture image shows on monitor after supposedly
> shooting some pix.
>
> Any ideas as to what makes this happen? Condition is present whether using
> internal mem or xd 512 Oly card.

I am wondering if you have switched the monitor off... I downloaded
the manual from olympus and it says

In shooting mode, press Z to display the top menu, and press c. The
monitor
turns off. Repeat the steps to turn the monitor on.

These instructions may have had an image where the Z and c is, I can't
recall, but if you have the manual handy check it out.

--
Paul (Neurotic to the bone No doubt about it)
Stop and Look