Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > CAMERAS & AIRPLANE FLIGHTS

CAMERAS & AIRPLANE FLIGHTS

88gg@link

Are cameras allowed as "carry on" on flights within U.S.? Anyone been on a
flight with camera, since the new draconian edict from "big brother"?

Paul Heslop

"88gg@link" wrote:

> Are cameras allowed as "carry on" on flights within U.S.? Anyone been on a
> flight with camera, since the new draconian edict from "big brother"?

the rules are slackening in the UK now, I think hand luggage is being
allowed so hopefully this will knock on to places which have also
instituted a ban.
--
Paul (Neurotic to the bone No doubt about it)
Stop and Look

cjcampbell

88gg@link wrote:
> Are cameras allowed as "carry on" on flights within U.S.? Anyone been on a
> flight with camera, since the new draconian edict from "big brother"?

So far they have not been banned in the US, only in the UK.
Nevertheless, I would not count on being allowed to carry a camera.
Neither will throwing a tantrum and calling people "big brother"
encourage others to allow you to carry one.

Besides, who needs terrorists when Dell has exploding laptops? Imagine
one of those going off in an airplane!

Ron Hunter

88gg@link wrote:
> Are cameras allowed as "carry on" on flights within U.S.? Anyone been on
> a flight with camera, since the new draconian edict from "big brother"?

Yes. Other than banning liquids and gels, and requiring shoes be
removed and xrayed, the rules have not changed.

Mark B.

"88gg@link" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6IfEg.7163$(E-Mail Removed) t...
> Are cameras allowed as "carry on" on flights within U.S.?

Carry-ons, including cameras & electronics are still allowed on flights in
the US. Only liquids & gels, with certain exceptions, are allowed. Doesn't
anyone pay attention to the news?

Mark B.

"cjcampbell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...

> 88gg@link wrote:
>> Are cameras allowed as "carry on" on flights within U.S.? Anyone been on
>> flight with camera, since the new draconian edict from "big brother"?

> So far they have not been banned in the US, only in the UK.
> Nevertheless, I would not count on being allowed to carry a camera.

http://tsa-7.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ts...er/std_alp.php

bluezfolk

88gg@link wrote:
> Are cameras allowed as "carry on" on flights within U.S.? Anyone been on a
> flight with camera, since the new draconian edict from "big brother"?

A few years ago I carried on a camera (35mm) and the TSA inspector had
me turn it on, I guess to see that the lens moved out and that it
wasn't just a camera body filled with something else.

Eric

Eric Schreiber

Mark B. wrote:

> Doesn't anyone pay attention to the news?

Only to the headlines and the reactionary comments from radio talk
shows, for the most part.

--
www.ericschreiber.com

Jay Beckman

"88gg@link" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6IfEg.7163$(E-Mail Removed) t...
> Are cameras allowed as "carry on" on flights within U.S.? Anyone been on a
> flight with camera, since the new draconian edict from "big brother"?

On the same morning the new restrictions went into effect I traveled with my
usual load of:
- EOS 20D
- 24-105 EF IS (Mounted On Camera)
- 100-400 EF L IS
- 10-22 EF-S
- 580 Flash
- Multiple Memory Cards
- Card Reader and Mini USB Cable
- 4Gb Thumb Drive
- Tabletop Tripod
- Dell 14" Laptop and Power Cord
- Garmin GPS and Car Power Cord
- PSP, Charger and several game discs
- CD/DVD Caddy full of Music, Movies, Blank CDs and Blank DVDs

Bag got XRay-d but not opened or swabbed and I was through secruity at my
home airport in less time than it has sometimes taken in the past.

Cynicor

Jay Beckman wrote:
> "88gg@link" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:6IfEg.7163$(E-Mail Removed) t...
>> Are cameras allowed as "carry on" on flights within U.S.? Anyone been on a
>> flight with camera, since the new draconian edict from "big brother"?

> On the same morning the new restrictions went into effect I traveled with my
> usual load of:
> - EOS 20D
> - 24-105 EF IS (Mounted On Camera)
> - 100-400 EF L IS
> - 10-22 EF-S
> - 580 Flash
> - Multiple Memory Cards
> - Card Reader and Mini USB Cable
> - 4Gb Thumb Drive
> - Tabletop Tripod
> - Dell 14" Laptop and Power Cord
> - Garmin GPS and Car Power Cord
> - PSP, Charger and several game discs
> - CD/DVD Caddy full of Music, Movies, Blank CDs and Blank DVDs

Good thing the Dell laptop didn't explode.