Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Good Intermediate Editing Software???

Good Intermediate Editing Software???

tyerant@hotmail.com

My wife wants to start doing more than just red-eye reduction etc...
She is quite computer savy and learns fast.

What software is powerfull but not overwhelming?

Thanks!

Roy G

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> My wife wants to start doing more than just red-eye reduction etc...
> She is quite computer savy and learns fast.
>
> What software is powerfull but not overwhelming?
>
> Thanks!

Hi,

I, and I am sure many others, will suggest Photoshop Elements. It can do
almost everything a photographer needs, and is not all that expensive.
There are a ton of "how to books" on Elements.

If she really gets hooked, she can eventually move up to Photoshop, which is
considered to be the industry standard, and would still recognise the
screens and ways of working, but that is a VERY expensive program, .

Roy G

Bob Williams

> My wife wants to start doing more than just red-eye reduction etc...
> She is quite computer savy and learns fast.
>
> What software is powerfull but not overwhelming?
>
> Thanks!

Photoshop Elements.
If she ever gets real serious, it's just a hop, skip and a jump to full
Photoshop.
Elements is fairly user friendly, but I still recommenr a self help book
especially the following one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/047...e=UTF8&s=books

Dave Cohen

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> My wife wants to start doing more than just red-eye reduction etc...
> She is quite computer savy and learns fast.
>
> What software is powerfull but not overwhelming?
>
> Thanks!

You can get a copy of a previous version of PhotoPlus for free at
www.serif.com.

Serif products are a lot cheaper than those from Adobe and have a loyal
following.

FastStone is a free download and is well worth having available, but may
be just a little inadequate as a full time editor, as is Irfanview. I
use it in conjunction with PhotoPlus 9 (not the latest version).
Dave Cohen

mark.thomas.7@gmail.com

Dave Cohen wrote:
> You can get a copy of a previous version of PhotoPlus for free at
> www.serif.com.
>
> Serif products are a lot cheaper than those from Adobe and have a loyal
> following.

If you are after the free versions, I don't think Serif advertises them
on their main site any more. Try:
http://www.freeserifsoftware.com

bruin70@mail.com

paint shop pro. it's user friendly at the very least.

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> My wife wants to start doing more than just red-eye reduction etc...
> She is quite computer savy and learns fast.
>
> What software is powerfull but not overwhelming?
>
> Thanks!

tomm42

> If she really gets hooked, she can eventually move up to Photoshop, which is
> considered to be the industry standard, and would still recognise the
> screens and ways of working, but that is a VERY expensive program, .
>
> Roy G

Elements has an upgrade path to Photoshop that halves the cost of the
program.

Tom