Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > DvD slide shows

DvD slide shows

zonker

Can anyone recommend a good program to turn my pictures into slideshow
on DvD. I see a ton of the programs out there and jsut looking to see
if anyone has used one and is happy with the results.

Peace
Zonker

http://2000ah.blogspot.com/

John

"zonker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Can anyone recommend a good program to turn my pictures into slideshow
> on DvD. I see a ton of the programs out there and jsut looking to see
> if anyone has used one and is happy with the results.
>
> Peace
> Zonker
>
> http://2000ah.blogspot.com/

Hi, I'd recommend 'Proshow Gold' a cracking program for creating slide shows
etc.

http://www.photodex.com/products/proshowgold/

John

John McGerr

I use thre software MemoriesOnTV, it does a nice job plus it has what it
calls the 'Ken Burns Effect', basically allows you to zoom in on a section,
or sections of the photo. from code jam http://www.codejam.com/
John
"zonker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Can anyone recommend a good program to turn my pictures into slideshow
> on DvD. I see a ton of the programs out there and jsut looking to see
> if anyone has used one and is happy with the results.
>
> Peace
> Zonker
>
> http://2000ah.blogspot.com/

Julian

In article <ebfdgt$d1s$(E-Mail Removed)>, John McGerr
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I use thre software MemoriesOnTV, it does a nice job plus it has what it
> calls the 'Ken Burns Effect', basically allows you to zoom in on a section,
> or sections of the photo. from code jam http://www.codejam.com/
> John
> "zonker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> > Can anyone recommend a good program to turn my pictures into slideshow
> > on DvD. I see a ton of the programs out there and jsut looking to see
> > if anyone has used one and is happy with the results.
> >
> > Peace
> > Zonker
> >
> > http://2000ah.blogspot.com/

And for the Mac try Photo to Movie from LQ Graphics
(http://www.lqgraphics.com/software/)

Tom Tilney

You might want to check out Picassa 2, it's a free Microsoft download. It
works as a screensaver too, and the price is right.
"Julian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:100820061159253045%(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <ebfdgt$d1s$(E-Mail Removed)>, John McGerr
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I use thre software MemoriesOnTV, it does a nice job plus it has what it
>> calls the 'Ken Burns Effect', basically allows you to zoom in on a
>> section,
>> or sections of the photo. from code jam http://www.codejam.com/
>> John
>> "zonker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
>> > Can anyone recommend a good program to turn my pictures into slideshow
>> > on DvD. I see a ton of the programs out there and jsut looking to see
>> > if anyone has used one and is happy with the results.
>> >
>> > Peace
>> > Zonker
>> >
>> > http://2000ah.blogspot.com/
>> >

> And for the Mac try Photo to Movie from LQ Graphics
> (http://www.lqgraphics.com/software/)

GLL

I have used Nero Vision, it came with my DVD burner, it works ok, user
friendly, but I have nothing to compare it to, something else may be
better

"zonker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Can anyone recommend a good program to turn my pictures into slideshow
> on DvD. I see a ton of the programs out there and jsut looking to see
> if anyone has used one and is happy with the results.
>
> Peace
> Zonker
>
> http://2000ah.blogspot.com/

marapito@gmail.com

Burnatonce is freeware and much more reliable than Nero.

Debi

I also used Memories on TV. It is easy to use, but the audio editing
is not very good.

For a company that can create a slideshow for you, PhotoMax does a good
job. Check them out at dvoris.myphotomax.com.

Debi
zonker wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good program to turn my pictures into slideshow
> on DvD. I see a ton of the programs out there and jsut looking to see
> if anyone has used one and is happy with the results.
>
> Peace
> Zonker
>
> http://2000ah.blogspot.com/

Fishface

zonker wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good program to turn my pictures into slideshow
> on DvD. I see a ton of the programs out there and jsut looking to see
> if anyone has used one and is happy with the results.

I have tried several which allow panning and zooming. The best results in terms
of output quality have been obtained with ProShow Gold. In order to prevent
a shimmering effect when zooming and downsizing to a lower resolution, these
programs need to blur the pictures somewhat. Simply put, ProShow seems to
blur it less. I like the interface to PhototoMovie, but found the blurring
unacceptable (Windows). Also, I don't believe that P2M for Windows offers
DVD authoring at the present time. I liked P2M (and did pay the man) until I
saw ProShow output. I have also tried the MOTV application a couple of
times over the years and found it lacking. All these programs offer free trials.

Photoshop Elements offers some slideshow capabilities, but I don't have the
latest version. Adobe offers a tryout for that, too. The Photoshop Elements
3 slideshow wizard immediately crashes the application on my Win2k Athlon
XP system, which is not otherwise prone to crashing. Adobe seems willing to
accept a number of flaws in its consumer level software and I have not been
compelled to upgrade.

Then there are the actual video editing applications. Depending upon what
exact capabilities you require, i.e, panning, zooming, transitions, and how much
you want the program to do and how much you are willing to do yourself, you
might look at Sony's Vegas Movie Studio and Ulead's VideoFactory 10. I have
not tried Adobe's Premiere Elements as it requires XP and SSE2. I would
definitely start with the ProShow Gold trial, though.

ljyanna@gmail.com

zonker wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good program to turn my pictures into slideshow
> on DvD. I see a ton of the programs out there and jsut looking to see
> if anyone has used one and is happy with the results.
>
> Peace
> Zonker
>
> http://2000ah.blogspot.com/

How about DVD SlideShow Builder? This software could help to create
wonderful DVD slide shows easily and quickly.
http://www.photo-to-dvd.com/dvd-slid...lder.php?sid=3

DVD SlideShow Builder includes:
1. Multiple excellent transition effects;
2. Ability to add video clips;
3. Pre-made dvd menu templates, and you can also make style one with
template designer;
4. Adding music and narration is supported;
5. Fast burning.

Tutorials here:
http://www.photo-to-dvd.com/dsb/tutorial.php?sid=3