Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Hooray!! XD Card cracks 2GB

Hooray!! XD Card cracks 2GB

kinga202NOSPAM@hotmail.com

Bout bloody time too:

Olympus Introduces High-Capacity 2 GB xD-Picture Card

Center Valley, Pa, August 8, 2006 - Olympus Imaging America Inc.
proudly introduces the new 2 GB Type M-Series xD-Picture Card, called
the M2 GB, an advanced ultra-compact memory media designed for digital
cameras. The M2 GB has the greatest storage capacity in the xD-Picture
Card series and is scheduled to go on sale in August 2006.

The M2 GB Type M-Series xD-Picture Card uses the latest high-capacity
storage technology based on the Multi-Level Cell (MLC) to pack 2GB of
memory onto an ultra-compact media card measuring just 25.0mm (W) x
20.0mm (H) x 1.7mm (D) in size.

Heaven = Fujifilm Finepix F30 & 2GB Xd card !!

ASAAR

On 8 Aug 2006 17:24:01 -0700, our Fujikinga hotmailer wrote:

> The M2 GB Type M-Series xD-Picture Card uses the latest high-capacity
> storage technology based on the Multi-Level Cell (MLC) to pack 2GB of
> memory onto an ultra-compact media card measuring just 25.0mm (W) x
> 20.0mm (H) x 1.7mm (D) in size.
>
> Heaven = Fujifilm Finepix F30 & 2GB Xd card !!

Before your heavenly joy runs completely over and soaks your bib,
do you know whether the F10/F11/F30 can use a 2GB xD card? And if
they do (especially the F30), wouldn't you prefer passing on a type
M card when a faster type H card should follow soon after? 1 GB
type H cards have been selling for many months.

peter

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Bout bloody time too:
>
> Olympus Introduces High-Capacity 2 GB xD-Picture Card

I was rather hoping the industry would standardize on fewer form factors.

Alfred Molon

In article <A_bCg.16223$l95.3067@trnddc08>, peter says...
> > Olympus Introduces High-Capacity 2 GB xD-Picture Card
> >

> I was rather hoping the industry would standardize on fewer form factors.

It seems that the market is big enough to support multiple standards.
--

Alfred Molon

Kinon O'Cann

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Bout bloody time too:
>
> Olympus Introduces High-Capacity 2 GB xD-Picture Card
>
> Center Valley, Pa, August 8, 2006 - Olympus Imaging America Inc.
> proudly introduces the new 2 GB Type M-Series xD-Picture Card, called
> the M2 GB, an advanced ultra-compact memory media designed for digital
> cameras. The M2 GB has the greatest storage capacity in the xD-Picture
> Card series and is scheduled to go on sale in August 2006.
>
> The M2 GB Type M-Series xD-Picture Card uses the latest high-capacity
> storage technology based on the Multi-Level Cell (MLC) to pack 2GB of
> memory onto an ultra-compact media card measuring just 25.0mm (W) x
> 20.0mm (H) x 1.7mm (D) in size.
>
> Heaven = Fujifilm Finepix F30 & 2GB Xd card !!

Heaven-Fuji and Sony waking up and smelling the coffe and moving away from
proprietary formats.

What are they thinking?