Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > iPIX bankrupcy

iPIX bankrupcy

neil.fraser@gmail.com

Recently iPIX went bankrupt and abruptly ceased operations. Many
people (such as myself) have 360 degree image keys bought and paid for
which we can no longer access. All we would need is to download them,
but their website is gone.

Any suggestions?

Jim

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Recently iPIX went bankrupt and abruptly ceased operations. Many
> people (such as myself) have 360 degree image keys bought and paid for
> which we can no longer access. All we would need is to download them,
> but their website is gone.
>
> Any suggestions?

Hire a lawyer. You are now at the mercy of the bankruptcy court.

Jim

Unclaimed Mysteries

> Recently iPIX went bankrupt and abruptly ceased operations. Many
> people (such as myself) have 360 degree image keys bought and paid for
> which we can no longer access. All we would need is to download them,
> but their website is gone.
>
> Any suggestions?

I do not revel in your particular situation, but as far as bankruptcy is
concerned, it couldn't have happened to a nicer company.

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/business...895460,00.html

http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

Bart van der Wolf

"Unclaimed Mysteries"
<the_letter_k_and_the_numeral_4_doh@unclaimedmyste ries.net> wrote in
message news:Rz3Cg.1491$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
SNIP
> I do not revel in your particular situation, but as far as
> bankruptcy is concerned, it couldn't have happened to a nicer
> company.

Hear, hear.

Too bad for those who invested in that company, a day of joy for the
rest of the (VR) world. Now let's wait and see who picks up the unjust
patent that was based on prior work, and which stifled innovation.

To the OP, maybe the new owners of the (for you) relevant information
will come up with a solution, but I realise that's no real solution
for the shorter term.

Maybe it's best to seek an alternative, there are several free, or
cheap, ones available. It depends on you specific needs which would be
most efficient.

--
Bart

Pat

You're probably SOL, but it would be worth it to try Googling your own
pics and seeing if Google has them stored in cache.

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Recently iPIX went bankrupt and abruptly ceased operations. Many
> people (such as myself) have 360 degree image keys bought and paid for
> which we can no longer access. All we would need is to download them,
> but their website is gone.
>
> Any suggestions?

Jim

"Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> You're probably SOL, but it would be worth it to try Googling your own
> pics and seeing if Google has them stored in cache.

Even if they are stored somewhere, the OP may not see them until the legal
system has sorted out who owns what.
The legal system seems to run at glacial speed.
Jim

kinga202NOSPAM@hotmail.com

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Recently iPIX went bankrupt and abruptly ceased operations. Many
> people (such as myself) have 360 degree image keys bought and paid for
> which we can no longer access. All we would need is to download them,
> but their website is gone.
>
> Any suggestions?

Did/nt Steve from Steve-Digicams rip into and get stuck into IPIX on
his website

[Must have stepped on Steves toe or something?]

FS: iPIX Virtual Tour Digital Camera Kit. John Digital Photography 1 06-02-2011 04:46 PM
Ipix plugin Paul Blarmy Firefox 5 02-13-2005 07:16 PM
IPIX photo shooting (RePosting) SGershon Digital Photography 0 02-24-2004 03:54 PM
IPIX photo shooting SGershon Digital Photography 0 02-22-2004 11:43 AM
iPix Forum or Newsgroup Scott Digital Photography 1 10-05-2003 12:16 AM

Advertisments