Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Looking for 2:3 ratio camera

Looking for 2:3 ratio camera

bevinb@telus.net

hi I'm looking to buy a mid-range digital for my senior parents, I know
they will want to do prints and won't want to mess with cropping before
printing, so want one that offers 2:3 ratio.
Are there any Canon's that do this? I see the new Panasonic TZ-1offers
it, but also would like a viewfinder.
Actually, I am looking for these features:
Use AA batteries
Viewfinder
2:3 ratio
Large LCD screen (2.5")

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Bevin B.

bugbear

> hi I'm looking to buy a mid-range digital for my senior parents, I know
> they will want to do prints and won't want to mess with cropping before
> printing, so want one that offers 2:3 ratio.
> Are there any Canon's that do this? I see the new Panasonic TZ-1offers
> it, but also would like a viewfinder.
> Actually, I am looking for these features:
> Use AA batteries
> Viewfinder
> 2:3 ratio
> Large LCD screen (2.5")

If you can find a print process (or software)
that will do the crop "transparently" it might
open your camera choices somewhat.

BugBear

Marvin

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> hi I'm looking to buy a mid-range digital for my senior parents, I know
> they will want to do prints and won't want to mess with cropping before
> printing, so want one that offers 2:3 ratio.
> Are there any Canon's that do this? I see the new Panasonic TZ-1offers
> it, but also would like a viewfinder.
> Actually, I am looking for these features:
> Use AA batteries
> Viewfinder
> 2:3 ratio
> Large LCD screen (2.5")
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thanks, Bevin B.

My Panasonic DMC-LZ3 offers three aspect ratios, including
3:2. It has no viewfinder, but the screen can be set to
brighter for outdoor use. The LCD screen is 2". It can
take a good number of photos on two Alkaline AA batteries.
Some other Panasonic camera may fit your specs better.

Shawn Hirn

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> hi I'm looking to buy a mid-range digital for my senior parents, I know
> they will want to do prints and won't want to mess with cropping before
> printing, so want one that offers 2:3 ratio.
> Are there any Canon's that do this? I see the new Panasonic TZ-1offers
> it, but also would like a viewfinder.
> Actually, I am looking for these features:
> Use AA batteries
> Viewfinder
> 2:3 ratio
> Large LCD screen (2.5")
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

My Sony DSC-W100 does 2:3, but it does not use AA batteries. Even so, I
can go out and shoot photos all day and not have the battery run down on
me. I simply keep a spare battery with the camera and it works well for
me. The quality of the images is impressive too and the controls are
very easy to operate, even in full manual mode.