Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Casio Exilim Z600 vs. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX8

Casio Exilim Z600 vs. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX8

The Buzz

Hi,
I need some suggestion to buy my first camera, I need a compact one to take
often with me and I have to decide between these two models: Casio Exilim
Z600 and Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX8 and I really don't know what to do. Which
one would you suggest me? Which are the pros and the cons of these cameras?
Has anyone tried them?
I have some questions about the Panasonic: is the PC connection USB 2.0 or
1.0? Does it replay the videos with audio? Is the 2.5 inches, 114.000 pixel
lcd good enough?
Any information will be useful and appreciated!
Thank you!

kinga202NOSPAM@hotmail.com

The Buzz wrote:
> Hi,
> I need some suggestion to buy my first camera, I need a compact one to take
> often with me and I have to decide between these two models: Casio Exilim
> Z600 and Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX8 and I really don't know what to do. Which
> one would you suggest me? Which are the pros and the cons of these cameras?
> Has anyone tried them?
> I have some questions about the Panasonic: is the PC connection USB 2.0 or
> 1.0? Does it replay the videos with audio? Is the 2.5 inches, 114.000 pixel
> lcd good enough?
> Any information will be useful and appreciated!
> Thank you!

Fujifilm Finepix F30

John

The Buzz wrote:
> Hi,
> I need some suggestion to buy my first camera, I need a compact one to take
> often with me and I have to decide between these two models: Casio Exilim
> Z600 and Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX8 and I really don't know what to do. Which
> one would you suggest me? Which are the pros and the cons of these cameras?
> Has anyone tried them?
> I have some questions about the Panasonic: is the PC connection USB 2.0 or
> 1.0? Does it replay the videos with audio? Is the 2.5 inches, 114.000 pixel
> lcd good enough?
> Any information will be useful and appreciated!
> Thank you!

No doubt about it, go with the casio. It comes with stilkl photos,
voice recorder and a video recorder. It's easy to use, small and takes
outstanding pictures. I use one every day in all weather and all
lighting conditions.It's better than the Panasonic unit.

John