Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Antarctica-images: bookpublisher wanted

Antarctica-images: bookpublisher wanted

Thijs Heslenfeld

Hi there,

I sailed to Antarctica on a square rigged barque last december (see the
Antarctica-section on my website:
http://www.thijsheslenfeld.com/frame...19&photoId=425 ) and sold
my images and articles on this trip quiet good. I am now planning to do a
similar trip on the same ship again. This time however the trip will be all
the way from Argentina via Antarctica to South Georgia, Tristan da Cunha and
South Africa.

My aim now is to get a coffeetable photo-book published on these spectacular
trips. And my question is simple: can anybody recommend internationally
oriented publishers of photobooks that might be interested in this?
Antarctica of course is 'hot' and these trips certainly give a different
angle of view compared to the 'average' ones with cruising-style big ships
that 99% of the visitors to Antarctica book.

Any advice welcome,

Thijs Heslenfeld
the Netherlands
www.thijsheslenfeld.com

John McWilliams

Thijs Heslenfeld wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I sailed to Antarctica on a square rigged barque last december (see the
> Antarctica-section on my website:
> http://www.thijsheslenfeld.com/frame...19&photoId=425 ) and sold
> my images and articles on this trip quiet good. I am now planning to do a
> similar trip on the same ship again. This time however the trip will be all
> the way from Argentina via Antarctica to South Georgia, Tristan da Cunha and
> South Africa.
>
> My aim now is to get a coffeetable photo-book published on these spectacular
> trips. And my question is simple: can anybody recommend internationally
> oriented publishers of photobooks that might be interested in this?
> Antarctica of course is 'hot' and these trips certainly give a different
> angle of view compared to the 'average' ones with cruising-style big ships
> that 99% of the visitors to Antarctica book.

'Fraid I can't give any leads on your quest, but do want to compliment
you on the former trip and photos therefrom.

Were you using the digicam pictured among the photos? If so, even more
congratulations! I think a coffee table type publisher would want more
pixels per image than most digicams can produce.

Also, curious about your shots of the ship- one mentions a Zodiac....
was that the only ship's tender, or was there something a bit larger?

--
John McWilliams

Derek Fountain

Thijs Heslenfeld wrote:
> I am now planning to do a
> similar trip on the same ship again.

You think we weren't all jealous enough the first time, eh? ;o)

--
http://www.derekfountain.org/

MB

Your photos are excellent.

I think what you should be looking for is a good agent to do the publisher
search for you.