Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Threading question: any camera lens thread compatible with C/CS Mount Lenses?

Threading question: any camera lens thread compatible with C/CS Mount Lenses?

Garrick

I'm not concerned with back focal length - I'm just looking for body
caps for C or CS-Mount cameras! All the body caps I find are for Canon
EOS, or Leica M, or ....

Are any of these threads 1" x 32 TPI (the standard for C and CS-Mount
lenses)?

Thanks, and any pointers or information will be useful. I didn't know
what usenet to post this to. I figured camera people may be familar
with all the thread sizes and pitch?

Garrick

Charles

On 1 Aug 2006 22:11:04 -0700, "Garrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm not concerned with back focal length - I'm just looking for body
>caps for C or CS-Mount cameras! All the body caps I find are for Canon
>EOS, or Leica M, or ....
>
>Are any of these threads 1" x 32 TPI (the standard for C and CS-Mount
>lenses)?
>
>Thanks, and any pointers or information will be useful. I didn't know
>what usenet to post this to. I figured camera people may be familar
>with all the thread sizes and pitch?
>
>Garrick

I found this with Google:

http://www.eio.com/public/ccd/0983.html

Garrick

Charles wrote:
> I found this with Google:
>
> http://www.eio.com/public/ccd/0983.html

Thanks Charles. I stumbled upon that link as well before posting here.
Unfortunately, I'll need to keep re-buying these body caps so I would
like to have a more permanent source than some weird email address
((E-Mail Removed)???) from 2 years ago. I'll try and contact that
address regardless. It would be great if there is some company or
lense type that has the same threading a C/CS Mount.

Thanks,

Garrick

mark.thomas.7@gmail.com

Garrick wrote:
> Charles wrote:
> > I found this with Google:
> >
> > http://www.eio.com/public/ccd/0983.html

> Thanks Charles. I stumbled upon that link as well before posting here.
> Unfortunately, I'll need to keep re-buying these body caps so I would
> like to have a more permanent source than some weird email address
> ((E-Mail Removed)???) from 2 years ago. I'll try and contact that
> address regardless. It would be great if there is some company or
> lense type that has the same threading a C/CS Mount.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Garrick

Forgoive my laziness and poor memory, but isn't C-mount that small one
used on video camera lenses? If it is, just go visit any microscope-y
or lab supplies sort of shop, as that mount is particularly common in
microscopy circles for attaching video cameras..

Daniel Silevitch

On 2 Aug 2006 02:21:59 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Garrick wrote:
>> Charles wrote:
>> > I found this with Google:
>> >
>> > http://www.eio.com/public/ccd/0983.html

>> Thanks Charles. I stumbled upon that link as well before posting here.
>> Unfortunately, I'll need to keep re-buying these body caps so I would
>> like to have a more permanent source than some weird email address
>> ((E-Mail Removed)???) from 2 years ago. I'll try and contact that
>> address regardless. It would be great if there is some company or
>> lense type that has the same threading a C/CS Mount.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Garrick

> Forgoive my laziness and poor memory, but isn't C-mount that small one
> used on video camera lenses? If it is, just go visit any microscope-y
> or lab supplies sort of shop, as that mount is particularly common in
> microscopy circles for attaching video cameras..

If it really is the same mount as the C-mount found on microscopes,
Edmund Optics sells all sorts of stuff along those lines; I'd guess that
screw-on caps would be in their inventory.
http://www.edmundoptics.com/onlinecatalog/browse.cfm

-dms

stauffer@usfamily.net

Garrick wrote:
> I'm not concerned with back focal length - I'm just looking for body
> caps for C or CS-Mount cameras! All the body caps I find are for Canon
> EOS, or Leica M, or ....
>
> Are any of these threads 1" x 32 TPI (the standard for C and CS-Mount
> lenses)?
>
> Thanks, and any pointers or information will be useful. I didn't know
> what usenet to post this to. I figured camera people may be familar
> with all the thread sizes and pitch?
>
> Garrick

Yes, C-mount and CS mount both use the same threads. The only
difference is in the back focal distance. A cap for either should work
on either type of lens.