Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Collage into greater image...

Collage into greater image...

tim@neeley.com

I have been trying to learn more about the software/technique used to
create the effect of a image made of of many photos. An example is on
carnival cruise lines main page:

http://www.carnival.com/

How is this done? Does anyone have experience with this technique?

Tim

Hebee Jeebes

There used to be programs that would do this. It isn't something you would
want to manually unless your insane. Try http://www.arcsoft.com They still
make a program that does this.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I have been trying to learn more about the software/technique used to
> create the effect of a image made of of many photos. An example is on
> carnival cruise lines main page:
>
> http://www.carnival.com/
>
> How is this done? Does anyone have experience with this technique?
>
> Tim

tomm42

> I have been trying to learn more about the software/technique used to
> create the effect of a image made of of many photos. An example is on
> carnival cruise lines main page:
>
> http://www.carnival.com/
>
> How is this done? Does anyone have experience with this technique?
>
> Tim

I'm trying to remember what these were called, a photographer developed
some software for this type of print, sorting the pics etc. He patented
the process with a very restrictive patent and never released the
software. So from what I understand most of the images like this you
see are his. Was really popular 15-20 years ago. Sorry about the little
info.

Tom

Ed Ruf

On 1 Aug 2006 09:01:29 -0700, in rec.photo.digital (E-Mail Removed)
wrote:

>I have been trying to learn more about the software/technique used to
>create the effect of a image made of of many photos. An example is on
>carnival cruise lines main page:
>
>http://www.carnival.com/
>
>How is this done? Does anyone have experience with this technique?

See a free program for mosaics such as this at:
http://www.andreaplanet.com/andreamosaic/
http://EdwardGRuf.com

Tony Gartshore

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> I have been trying to learn more about the software/technique used to
> create the effect of a image made of of many photos. An example is on
> carnival cruise lines main page:
>
> http://www.carnival.com/
>
> How is this done? Does anyone have experience with this technique?
>
> Tim

http://www.andreaplanet.com/andreamosaic/

T.

Hebee Jeebes

Computer's didn't have the power to do this 15 or 20 years ago. And, there
have been several programs that does this. Arcsoft is currently the only one
I still know is around.

http://www.arcsoft.com/products/photomontage/

They are called photo mosaics though some call them photo montages which I
feel is a very poor name as they aren't really montages as they are not
blended in to one another. But, any who.

They were all the rage a few years ago, but you don't hear much about them
now.

"tomm42" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> I have been trying to learn more about the software/technique used to
>> create the effect of a image made of of many photos. An example is on
>> carnival cruise lines main page:
>>
>> http://www.carnival.com/
>>
>> How is this done? Does anyone have experience with this technique?
>>
>> Tim

> I'm trying to remember what these were called, a photographer developed
> some software for this type of print, sorting the pics etc. He patented
> the process with a very restrictive patent and never released the
> software. So from what I understand most of the images like this you
> see are his. Was really popular 15-20 years ago. Sorry about the little
> info.
>
> Tom

Hebee Jeebes

Cool, will have to play with that. Looking at the screen shots I can say I
am not thrilled with the interface. Arcsoft is better, but I think it is
more limiting too. I think you have to use the images that comes with it and
not your own. At least an early version was like that if I remember
correctly.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Web Collage generator blather Java 0 01-23-2007 08:27 PM
Multi-image Collage and Panorama Competitions wayne Digital Photography 0 02-03-2006 06:58 AM
Photo Collage susan Digital Photography 6 01-26-2006 04:26 AM
photo collage salgud Digital Photography 9 12-17-2005 12:00 PM
Simple photo collage using Python and PIL Callum Prentice Python 4 11-24-2005 03:05 AM

Advertisments